Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Yin Nian stood there and asked the man opposite him calmly, "Do you dare?" His tone was plain, casual and not in the least undulating. As if he were just asking whether you have eaten today.

But in the eyes of others, this was an open provocation.

Wang Feng was, after all, someone with fame and prestige in the base. His expression turned ugly when he heard this, seemingly unable to back down in good grace.

Sang Le stood beside the base leader and wiped away his sweat awkwardly. "Please do not take offense, Dr. Yin has always been like this."

That was what he said, yet he had no intention to pull the person back or was he going to ease the situation. He just looked at them with an awkward smile, only lacking a 'Doctor is just like that. It's not my business nor could I do anything. Please understand.' written on his face.

For a moment, the base leader didn't know how to stop them. Currently, there weren't many Level 6 ability users around and Wang Feng was one of the generals under his command. He was absolutely unwilling to expel Wang Feng for this small issue, so much that there was something suspicious brewing in his mind and a vague idea surfaced- Hope Base's scale was big and it was getting safer. He was elated to be the local despot. He knew that he would no longer be number 1 if Hope Base combined strength with other bases, hence he was reluctant to join the alliance for the human renaissance. Dr. Yin, however, was a strong advocate for unity among humans. Could it be that he was taking this opportunity to deliberately weaken his power? Otherwise, why was there a need for him to stand up for a team leader? Was it just merely for justice? This reason was simply too weak.

Thinking of this, he could no longer stand by calmly. He personally went to the front: "Dr. Yin, I dare not let you demonstrate your strength. Our base always upholds the principle of justice. Those who betray and deliberately frame their teammates are punished according to the rules. We will never be soft-handed! So..."

Yin Nian looked at him.

The base leader swallowed back whatever that was coming out after his "So".

Sang Le covered his face. When he saw the base leader coming back with a displeased face, he quickly soothed him by saying, "Mr. Lian, please don't be offended. The issue of betraying teammates, Dr. Yin loathes it very much, its implacable hatred! He had to personally teach the offender a lesson every time he sees such a thing! No matter who tried to persuade him, it's useless!" He spoke as if this were true.

The base leader nodded his head with a cold face- This was the first time he was forced back by a single look. But since he had already backed down under the public's eyes, there was no more reason for him to stop this.

Zhang Zhiyin looked at the unexpected scene in front of him, opened his mouth slightly and closed it again. He completely didn't have the slightest idea why Yin Nian was doing this; this had nothing to do with his disguise of "Dr. Yin Nian, who was indifferent in appearance but highly endowed with good nature and selflessly contributed to the great cause of human renaissance". But he knew instinctively that this situation was extremely advantageous for him - If Yin Nian stood on his side and sincerely wanted to help him win, then even if he had no Item Store, even if the opponent was humanity's number 1, Yun Lietian... He still wouldn't lose! At this time, he definitely would not have some hot-blooded youngster's thought about "winning by his own strength" and so on. As long as he could make use of whatever resources and power, he would consider all of as his own strength.