Chapter 43

Zhang Zhiyin ran all the way back to the room and closed the door. He felt that life was a mystery. He would never have imagined that a 1.79 meters man such as him would encounter this sort of thing.

Old Zhu and Dadao had been waiting for the outcome of his conversation with Shang Si. They sighed in their hearts when they saw he coming in silently with a face as black as the bottom of a pan. Although Captain’s fighting abilities were good and he was cool-headed when he led the team, he was still young and inexperienced. To rely on connections, this sort of matter was not something he could handle well.

Zhang Zhiyin thought for a moment and asked Old Zhu and the rest, “How about we apply to other frontline stations?”

Old Zhu did not know what had happened. He could only speculate that the Captain’s request for the wood stone was unsuccessful and he ended up having a dispute with Shang Si, therefore, he was no longer willing to work here.

Old Zhu had always been a steady person. He knew that it was not easy to apply for a change of frontline stations, he tried to appease Zhang Zhiyin and said, “Contradictions are inevitable wherever we go. Captain, you may want to calm down first and remain here to observe the situation. As for the wood stone, we should try our best. It’s not certain that we won’t be able to get the stone.”

Zhang Zhiyin, seeing that most of the other people’s opinions were also inclined to this, was embarrassed to tell them what happened to him, so he could only suffer in silence. He swallowed the bitterness into his stomach, sent the people away, tidied up a little, and then went to bed frustrated.

Somehow, he dreamed that he was embraced by Shang Si again. He was in a hurry to break free and wanted to hit him. The man who hugged him then turned into Yin Nian unknowingly.

Zhang Zhiyin instantly became weak and lost all his strength. He hugged back the man obediently and gently rubbed against his chest. “Yin Nian, I miss you so much.”

The man held him in his arms, and his gentle breath landing on his ear. A low and deep voice coiled around: “I miss you too.”

Then Yin Nian lowered his head and kissed him gently.

Zhang Zhiyin woke up with a smile, he felt that all the traumatic experience he received from Shang Si had been smoothed away by Lord Boss. His hands casually touched his side and he felt a cool piece of hard object. He brought it up and put it in front of his eyes — the wood stone.

The dream turned into a nightmare in an instant. When he thought about how this stone appeared at his side, Zhang Zhiyin was stupefied.

He hurriedly created an ice mirror and shattered it in anger when he looked at it. There was a wound in the corner of his mouth, which was obviously bitten.

At this moment, a knock sounded on the door. Zhang Zhiyin absent-mindedly opened the door in a hurry. Fortunately, it wasn’t an outsider at the door but Old Zhu.

Zhang Zhiyin’s senses came back and his first reaction was not to let him see his mouth. Otherwise, wouldn’t his lifetime reputation be destroyed? So he deliberately pursed his lips, nodded and let him in without speaking a word.

Old Zhu saw his expression and mistook that the Captain was in a bad mood because of the wood stone.

Zhang Zhiyin ended up covering his mouth that he forgot to hide the wood stone. A lustrous piece of wood stone on the bed glowed faintly, which attracted great attention.