Chapter 85

Chapter 85

When Zhang Zhiyin woke up in <Tomorrow>’s world, the car had stopped. They stopped at the highway, and Old Zhu informed them that if they drove for another two kilometres forward, they would be able to enter the urban areas of the Fallen City.

There was a thick smell of zombies here permeating the air, but unexpectedly, the density of zombies was actually very small. In any case, there must be something special about this place that attracted both the father and son of the Yun Family, so this couldn’t be considered to be beyond their expectations.

There was a gas station nearby. Zhang Zhiyin and the six people did not dare to reckless rush into the city, so they had chosen this place as their temporary safepoint. There were seven to eight zombies lurking within the gas station, but none of them were beyond Level 4, so they were quickly taken care of.

In the epic grade instance, Xiao Jin with his psychic ability was assigned to the assistant group. He had been carrying out support by providing psychic interference in the rear, hence his injuries weren’t grave. This time, Zhang Zhiyin had chosen and brought him along to this task.

This big bear child had never been keen at ordinary times, but ever since he had received training, he had almost never dropped the chain during critical moments. Having battled through so many fights, he could also be called a psychic ability user with rich experience and sharp reaction. His innate talent was good and at present, he had reached Level 7. After the team had settled down, Xiao Jin sensibly went to one side and sat down. He began to scan the city with his ability without waiting for Zhang Zhiyin to instruct him.

For high-level psychic users, mental power was their most sensitive and reliable sense, and this was most apparent in Meng Kali. Although Xiao Jin’s level was far lower than Meng Kali’s, he could easily utilise his ability to understand the general situation in unfamiliar territories.

Roughly half an hour later, Xiao Jin opened his eyes, his forehead was brimming with sweat. He took two breaths to calm his breathing.

“Captain, most of the areas are similar to other abandoned cities, I can’t see anything unusual. But there is something strange in the southwest corner of the city. A large part of that area has been surrounded. It feels like the forbidden areas in the TV shows that ordinary people are restricted from entering. It’s surrounded by metal walls reaching up to two meters high. I can’t detect what’s inside. I think there’s a barrier blocking psychic interference.”

Old Zhu narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips when he heard this. “This isn’t right. No one should have come here ever since it got abandoned after the last surviving population has escaped the city. How could someone build such a large-scale forbidden area that can shield psychic ability?” Before the end of the world, there wasn’t any concept of human having abilities. No one knew what psychic ability was, let alone the methods to block it.

Zhang Zhiyin nodded. “There are only two explanations. First, this place has something to do with abilities and other related things before the start of the apocalypse, and it is likely to be one of the sources of the apocalypse. The second possible reason might be that there are indeed people who have the leisure time and power to build a base here after the start of the apocalypse. Both E Laboratory and Y have this ability. But the alliance should not want to fight against these two forces, and according to Xiao Jin, it’s still the first one that is more likely.”

Xiao Jin looked at Zhang Zhiyin with widened eyes. “Captain… a place that has a connection with the apocalypse before it even began… Does it mean that it has something to do with Dr. Y?” Based on the relationship between Yin Nian and Zhang Zhiyin, he had long inferred that Captain and the man who created the beginning of the legendary horror were also somehow related, and it was likely that their relationship was complicated. But he didn’t know the captain’s attitude and reaction towards that man. Although it seemed that Captain and Dr. Yin came together to oppose what Y did in the end.