✰ chapter fifty three ✰

2421 words
narcissa practically glided when she walked, the literal definition of elegant. the same couldn't be said about her sister.

bellatrix lestrange couldn't help but cause chaos wherever she walked. the clicking of her heals on the tiles managed to send shivers down my spine every time. she would curse people and objects when she felt like it. kick and shove things out of her way just for a laugh.

although i hated to admit it, i quite liked having her around.

she reminded me of the twins with all her chaos and she tried to act like a role model for me. despite some of it is her trying to teach me curses, she also knew a lot about being 'ladylike'.

it might have been that narcissa and bellatrix were trying to make me more proper in order to be a better wife for draco, but i couldn't help thinking of them as family.

narcissa walked into the dining room with her oldest sister in tow carrying letters while draco and i ate our breakfast.

the malfoy family made it a point that draco and i never sat beside one another, but across. practically every victorian era etiquette rules were to be followed.

as narcissa walked to her seat she placed a letter in front of both draco and i, while bella sat beside me leaning over and staring at the envelope. there was a hogwarts logo on the front and on the seal at the back.

"it's our results." draco spoke aloud to nobody in particular.

"i don't think i can open mine," i mumbled staring at it.

"i'll open it then." bella snatched the letter out of my hand before i could even blink.

"now, now bella. leave lyra to open her own." draco had been the one to speak, putting his aunt in her place. she placed the letter back in front of me and i picked it up.

transfiguration
outstanding

potions
outstanding

charms
outstanding

herbology
exceeds expectations

defence against the dark arts
outstanding

arithmancy
outstanding

care of magical creatures
exceeds expectations

"oh god," i said.

"what's the matter? every time i saw you, you were studying." draco frowned.

"oh my," bellatrix giggled. "seven n.e.w.t.s and five o's. sissy it seems we have a genius witch in our family."

"lyra dear! how spectacular!" she smiled and raised her goblet towards me.

"thank you aunt. i've got enough marks in order to get into st. mungos."

"you're going to be a healer?" draco asked with a bright smile. i nodded my head and took a sip of my pumpkin juice.

everything i had worked for payed off. leaving the twins to stay at school was worth it. even though minnie had helped me with securing a trainee job which would likely lead to a full career, it still depended on my grades.