✰ chapter twenty three ✰

745 words
i decided to follow my dad's advise on telling remus about cedric. i sat in the window of the common room with a quill and parchment. the twins and lee sat on the floor beside me working on new products. they were really serious about starting a joke shop when school finished and usually i helped them. i also told remus about everything that had happened in the tournament. after giving the letter to eddie i came turned to walk out of the owlery when the twins came bursting in.

"everything alright?"

"we're sending a letter to ludo bagman." george said.

"the slimy git still hasn't payed up."

"from the world cup?" i asked them. they nodded handing the letter to their owl. three more heads came through the door.

"what're you doing here?" ron asked.

"sending a letter," george said agitated.

"what's it this time?" hermione asked the brothers.

"we won't ask what your doing, if you don't ask us." fred said rolling his eyes. i nudged him reminding him to be nice.

"well don't let us hold you up," fred bowed and pointed to the door.

"who are you blackmailing?" ron said and i watched the two brothers tense up. both of their grins vanished from their face and they glanced at each other.

"don't be stupid, i was only joking," george said smiling again.

"didn't sound like that," the youngest brother pointed out. harry, hermione and i all looked at each other uncomfortably.

"i've told you before. keep your nose out if you like the shape of it. can't see why you would, but-" fred was interrupted.

"it's my business if you're blackmailing someone."

"i told you i was joking," george said gritting his teeth.

"let's just go." i grabbed fred's hand and pulled him out, george following behind us. i could hear the three younger students whispering behind us but i kept walking.

"what exactly did you put in the letter," i had let go of fred's hand and walked between them.

"just a few threats," george smiled.

"threats? what do you mean threats?"

"don't worry about it love," fred said stepping through the portrait to see lee surrounded by younger students with boils on their faces. cedric and i had met each other in the halls to spend the afternoon together.

"what exactly are we doing?" i asked grabbing his hand.

"i want you to meet my friends."

"i've met your friends. we go to school together."

"you know what i mean," he chuckled. we walked into the library where a group of hufflepuffs were hanging out.
"guys, you know lyra."

"hey! i'm hannah."

"yeah, we had potions together last year."

"oh, i didn't think you would remember." she smiled at me. we stayed in the library until dinner where we separated for our own tables. i gave them all a smile as i walked out with the rest of gryffindor for bed. the girls and i had been talking for a while when an owl began tapping on the window. angelina let it in and it dropped a letter on my lap before flying out.

"guys. it's a howler," i said panicked.

"open it," katie said.

"LYRA BLACK!" remus' voice shouted.
"CEDRIC DIGGORY! YOU'RE DATING CEDRIC DIGGORY! IF YOU COME HOME PREGNANT I WONT HESITATE TO KILL HIM! I OWLED MCGONAGALL AND SNAPE TO KEEP AN EYE ON YOU! IF I HEAR ANYTHING, YOU'RE GROUNDED FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. i love you and hope your owls go well." the letter ripped itself up and i stared at it silently.

"when did you start dating?" katie said quietly.

"a couple days ago. i didn't expect that though."

"are you alright?" angelina asked me.

"yeah, i'm fine." i laughed at them. i grabbed a towel laughing as i walking into the bathroom to take a shower.

fred's pov
the door to our dorm burst open and angelina running in. george, lee and i all looked up with grins on our faces.

"did you know?" she asked me.

"do i know what?" i said, my smile dropping.

"lyra and cedric?"

"what about them?" george and i said in unison.

"they're dating now. she got a howler from professor lupin."

"what? when did this happen?" george asked her.

"she said a couple days ago." my heart sunk and angelina left. i just lay in my bed thinking about what she had just told me.

"you okay freddie?"

"yeah georgie."