✰ chapter thirty ✰

have fun y'all

1262 words
i knocked cautiously on the wooden brown door. toad face called out and i pushed it open to see harry sitting in a chair surrounded by pink walls, paintings and stationary. there wasn't a single thing in the room that wasn't pink.

"good evening, miss black. as you see mr potter will be joining us tonight," i gave him a small smile as i sat in the pink chair beside him.

"evening," i said stiffly. a piece of blank parchment lay on the table, apparently waiting for me.

"now, you two are going to be doing some lines for me. no, not with your quill," she added, as harry bent down to open his bag. "you're both going to be using a rather special one of mine. here you are."

she handed us a long, thin black quill with an unusually sharp point. "i want you to write i must not tell lies," she told him softly.

"how many times?" he asked, with a creditable imitation of politeness.

"oh, as long as it takes for the message to sink in," said umbridge sweetly. "off you go."

"and me professor?"

"how about, i must not disobey."

"you haven't given me any ink," i said raising my eyebrows.

"oh, you won't need ink." i looked at harry before writing the first line on the page. i let out a sharp gasp when i felt something cutting into the back of my hand.

harry followed after and i watched as the words cut themselves into my skin. harry pressed his elbow against my own as a way to reassure me. the toad cleared her throat and i began writing again. harry let out soft gasps and i had tears streaming down my face. i didn't dare look at the clock to check the time but it felt as if it was hours.

"come here," we both rose out of our seats and i slid my throbbing hand behind my back. i caught a glimps of it and it was bright red, the words had been rewritten so often it was scarred into my hand.

"hand," she said and i carefully extended it. she took it in her own and examined it, then taking harry's and repeating her checking. "you may go."

harry grabbed his bag and we rushed out of there. we made it a few corridors until i burst out sobbing. he pulled me in a hug and whispered reassuring things before pulling me in the direction of gryffindor tower.

once we were inside i spotted a tall head covered in red hair and i ran towards it. fred spun around and embraced me not knowing what was going on. i heard steps behind me fading away and i knew harry was gone. i looked up at him with a swollen face from crying and his jaw dropped.

"what is it? what's wrong?" he pulled me onto the couch and kept his arms wrapped around me. i slowly pulled my hand from around him and showed it.

"it was some kind of quill, it writes with your blood," i whispered so softly.

"i'll kill her," his voice dropped and his eyes darkened.

"no, just stay with me." we sat embraced for over half an hour before i spoke.

"what did you want to say to me earlier?"

"it doesn't matter anymore." i said shifting so my legs were slung over his.

"i want to know," i pressed wiping away my tears.

"i was going to ask how you feel about cedric," he trailed off.

"oh i'm alright. it was mutual in a way."

"how so?" he asked quietly.

"we both saw it coming."

"the whole school saw it coming, i mean, we've been saying he was no good all along," he scoffed.

"what are you on about, cedric was nothing but good to me."

"oh please, you stopped talking to your two best friends, you didn't even tell us- you didn't tell me." his voice grew louder and louder as he spoke and i wouldn't be surprised if someone woke up.

"why should i have to tell you!" i was now shouting.

"because i'm the one who loves you! i'm the one who's always been in love. from the first day we met and i've tried so hard to let you go but i can't."

his face was red and his hands were shaking with anger. his volume declining as he continued.

"i love you lyra."

i couldn't move, i was frozen in place as if the world had stopped.

fred.

the boy i had loved my whole life.

he loved me.

he loved me.

this was the moment i had dreamt of, daydreamed about in class, written in my diary and yet here i was; speechless.

"lyra?"

"are you messing with me? i know it's fun to joke and all bu-"

his left hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me in and his right hand wrapped around my throat. he leaned down and pulled me into a deep kiss.

i held my hands on his waist, leaning up so that i could deepen the kiss and he pushed his tongue between my lips. he moved the hand from my waist to between my legs and he pushed my skirt up making me pull away.

"fred," i whispered. he understood what i meant and he pulled away and rested his forehead against mine. we were on the couch, the fireplace flickering and nobody else in the common room.

"sorry."

"no- i-i love you too."

"you do?" he grinned.

"since before i could remember," i giggled, dropping my head into the crook of his neck.

he lifted my by the back of my thighs and sat me on his lap so that he could hug me tightly. i straddled him as he faced the fire but rather than being something sexual it was purely intimate.

we sat in each others arms for quite some time before he decided that we should go to bed. he carried me with my legs wrapped around his torso and arms around his neck into his dorm and placed me on the bed.

i transfigured my robes into a large shirt and a pair of shorts before climbing under the covers. it has been some time since i was in here, but nothing changed.

he crawled in behind me and wrapped his arms around me, holding me close to him the entire night.

----

when i woke the next morning everyone was still asleep, so i crept out and into my own dorm to dress for the day.

"where have you been young lady?" i almost screamed when i heard the voice.

"angie what the hell?" i whisper shouted.

"you never came back?"

"i was with fred," i raised my hand showing her the bright red scar. i told her about everything that had happened the previous night and once i finished she let out an ear piercing scream.

"what the bloody hell is going on," the other girls said waking up.

"it's true love. lyra and fred, sitting in a tree," the other girls joined in.

"k - i - s - s - i - n - g"

"oh shut it you twits. go back to sleep."

"happily," katie sighed before lying back down,

"wait what happened?" alicia asked sitting up further in her bed. i retold the story to the three girls who had just woken up and they had the same reaction.

"oh piss off." i grumbled walking into the bathroom.

it only took thirty chapters
*edited*