✰ chapter thirteen ✰

1559 words
I had spent the first half of the holidays with Remus at home. We moved into Twelve Grimmauld Place with the small house-elf Kreacher and the portrait of Walburga Black tucked away in the attic.

Dad had come to see the house a few days after we returned, sitting in my room and talking to me for hours. I had told him about my years at Hogwarts and even before that, but he had to leave saying it was for my good. We kept in touch through letters but we used coded names and he never said where he was.

Today was the last day I would be with Remus, to live with the Weasley's for the rest of the summer. We were going to see the Quidditch World Cup and I was invited, despite not knowing anything about it.

I had written to the twins and Cedric all summer, and I learned that he would be joining us at the match. I wore his jumper quite often around the house, it being oversized made it one of the most comfortable things I own. Remus had seen me in it a couple of times but never questioned me. He was currently working at a pub down the road, where they agreed to hire him.

"Ly, it's time to go to the Weasleys now." I smiled at the nickname he had given me as a child. I closed my trunk which was full of school supplies and dragged it down the stairs.

"Are you sure that you will be okay?" I asked him.

"Positive. Come on now, I have to get to work." I held his hand and we apparated to the Burrow. I doubled over once we landed and he tried to hold me up by my arm. He kissed me on the forehead and left, as I made my way up to the front door.

"Hello family, I'm back," I shouted as I walked in, leaving my trunk by the door. I could hear footsteps racing down the stairs but I couldn't count how many. The twins, Ron, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Percy and Mr and Mrs Weasley walked into the room at the same time.

The twins were the first to reach me engulfing me in a tight hug. Ginny then gave me a hug wishing me good morning. Harry, Ron and Mr Weasley all gave me small waves and Hermione a small but quick hug. Molly gave me a long bone-crushing hug, claiming that she missed me and couldn't go a day more with the twins.

"Hiya Perce, whotcha doing here? Shouldn't you be owling miss Penelope Clearwater?" I teased him. Percy was like an older brother to me, as well as Charlie and Bill, all of whom I met in the holidays of the first year.

"Oh shut it. Hug me." After getting the twins to take my things upstairs I sat on Fred's bed talking to the both of them.

"So. Bets. What's it gonna be this year?" I asked the two red-haired boys sitting across from me.

"I reckon something in the black lake will turn out to be working with Voldy-kins."

"Unlikely, but I like your thinking Georgie. Freddie?"

"Hm, dragons rock up. Wanna eat him but he escapes cause he's Harry Potter and doesn't die. Lucky bastard."

"And where exactly do the dragons come from?"

"Romania, Charlie accidentally lets them loose." Fred answers without hesitation.

"Lyra, any ideas?" George asked.

"It'll be a teacher. It's always a teacher. His first year, Quirrell. Second, Lockheart although he was just kind of a prick. Last year he thought Remus was gonna kill him so my guess is a teacher."

"Good technique, I like it," Fred said sitting beside me placing a sweet in my hand.

"What's this?"

"Try it," they said in unison.

"I know better than to try something the two of you gave me. What is it?"

"Well, we haven't got a name for it. We tested it out when we picked up Harry," Fred said.