✰ chapter fifty eight ✰

1373 words
draco gave a low grumble and allowed me into his room. it was almost pitch black aside from the minuscule gap in the curtains. he was stood in his bathroom with his arm running under the water and hissing.

"fucking hell...stupid..damn idiot."

"draco?"

he didn't turn but only peered over his right shoulder. he was scrubbing at his arm with his other hand and continuously cursing.

"if some of the potion sprayed on you i can-"

"are you dense?" he cut me off.

"am i?"

"dense. what do you think just happened?"

"well, i don't really know," i mumbled, a blush rising to my cheeks. he spun around and held his arm out to me and i stumbled backwards in shock.

the dark mark.

draco had the dark mark.

he was a death eater.

it had a skull with a snake coming out of it, ready to attack. his arm was red with burns and from scratches. i took hold of his hand and pulled him out of the bathroom and onto the bed, pulling my wand out of my pocket.

"wha-"

"sh."

i placed a cooling charm on it to try and ease the burning and i began to sterilise it, making sure it doesn't get infected. draco and i sat quietly the entire time i worked on his arm as i muttered healing charms and spells over it.

"bella said hers took two weeks to heal," he said quietly.

"well she didn't get healed by me now did she?"

once i had finished and bandaged it so he wouldn't hurt it further, i sat further back.

"you're a good healer."

"i hope so."

the air was tense and neither of us really knew what to say. draco was a death eater.

what the hell would voldemort want with a sixteen year old kid as a death eater?

was this what my aunts and i went to snape's house for?

my brain was filled with question after question, not knowing if i should ask him any.

"what was in the cupboard?"

"the? oh the vanishing cabinet," he paused for a moment. "they want me to repair it, so death eaters can be transported."

"a vanishing cabinet?"

"it's like a tunnel. there's one at hogwarts and there's one in knockturn alley."

he was obviously uncomfortable but i couldn't help my curiosity. if there was one at hogwarts then that would mean. i gasped.

"they want to break into hogwarts?"

he simply nodded before standing from his bed and pulling his cloak off, throwing it on the seat of his desk.

"but they can't believe-"

"don't worry about it lyra. it's not for you to stress about."

of course it was for me to stress about. there were so many reasons for me to stress. draco was my cousin and he would be at risk. i would have to tell the order everything that had happened. harry, ron, hermione and ginny were all still at hogwarts.

it was clear that the war was finally taking its shape. his followers were back and now they're trying to do something never done before.

"you're not even of age draco. how do they expect you to be a fucking death eater?"