✰ chapter fifty five ✰

1288 words

get prepared ladies and gentlemen. i listened to enchanted by taylor swift writing this so i recommend.

fred sent owls to angie, lee and alicia to meet us in the restaurant around the corner to celebrate. i pulled on a black blazer and a pair of thin stockings and matched it with a black bag. narcissa would be proud of me.

george pushed open the door and held it open for my to walk through. we were sat at a booth in a corner and then our three friends walked in through the door. we sat talking like school students all over again, at the gryffindor table.

"a toast!" lee said, raising his glass of fire whiskey. "to my best friends. opened the best joke shop in all of britain!"

"the best joke shop period," alicia laughed.

we all laughed loudly and tapped out glasses against one another, then taking a heavy swig. fred and george sat side by side and i sat on fred's other side. he leaned down and pressed a kiss to my lips with a bright smile.

we ate happily and our three friends told us all about everything they had been doing. lee was working on becoming a commentator at the quidditch, angelina was travelling around europe with one of the guys she met from durmstrang. alicia was recruited to the holyhead harpies straight after school and she seemed happier than ever.

the best thing about going out with our friends meant there was no war or voldemort talk. at the manor they were always talking about him and at the weasleys and grimmauld place, it was constantly the topic of conversation.

we bid them farewell at around midnight and left the restaurant.

"i'll see the two of you later," george smiled before disapperating.

"what the hell?" i turned to fred confused and he just stood smiling down at me.

"i have something planned for us." he had a cocky grin as he took my hand and pulled me closer to him. he placed my hand on his shoulder and wrapped his arm around my waist apparating is away.

i opened my eyes and we stood on the center of a gazebo surrounded by water with beautiful plants and trees around us. there was instruments hovering in the corner and lights floating above us, illuminating the entire area.

my mouth hung open as i held myself close to fred. this was for me.

"if i'm correct, i never got to dance with you at the yule ball." he transfigured his purple three piece suit in to a purple shirt with black trousers and a black cloak, turning to me and turning my clothes into a floor length white gown. i pulled my long black hair out of its bun and let it drop down, framing my face.

 i pulled my long black hair out of its bun and let it drop down, framing my face

"lyra black, may i have this dance?"

he extended his hand for me to take hold as the music starting playing. my head was spinning in pure bliss, not knowing how to react to him.

"you may," i giggled while slipping my hand into his.

it was like we were made for each other, our hands were made to fit perfectly and i always felt safest when i was wrapped in his arms.

he twirled me in circles and held eye contact as we swayed back and forth. i let my head rest on his chest, listening to his heartbeat and looking up at the stars above.

i pulled my head off his chest so that i could look straight up and he copied me.

"every night i look at the stars i think of you."

fred would never know how much that sentence meant to me. a stray tear slipped out and i smiled up at him.

"every time i look at the sun i think of you."

"i guess we're just made for each other," he leaned down and kissed me passionately. one hand was rested on my waist and the other cupping my cheek.

he pulled away and took a step back from me, dropping down onto one knee and pulling out a ring box.

"fr-"

"lyra. i've known you were the one for me my entire life. from the moment i met you until this very moment."

"i-"

"i know that i do stupid things sometimes and that it means you have to get mad at me, but that why we're good together. you keep me sane yet you drive me completely mad."

i swallowed the lump in my throat as tears shamelessly streamed down my face.

"it's us for the rest of our lives. we can run away together. no more war, no more malfoys."

"what?" was that really what this is about.

"marry me ly. marry me and we can run away from all of this."

"fred we don't run from things," i pouted.

"i will. if it means i have you i will leave all of this behind."

he didn't want to marry me. at least not now. this was him trying to stop me from being in the war, from being with the malfoy's, from the risk of having to marry draco.

"please." fred let out one last plea as tears began streaming down his own face.

i shook my head softly and stepped towards him, cupping his face in my hands, his hot tears hitting my palms.

"i don't want to marry you if it's not because you love me."

"i- i do. i do love you. i love you lyra." he was struggling to breath and i dropped down on my own knees to hold him closer to me.

"i know baby. i love you too. but it's not our time, not just yet." i picked up the ring from the box and put it on my right ring finger rather than my left.

"ly?"

"it's a promise freddie. after all of this is over, let's get married." he wiped the tears off my face with his rough hands.

"promise?"

"i promise."

we sat on the floor in each other's arms for quite some time and when we were too cold we decided to go home rather than cast charms. he pulled me off the floor and stood back so that he could look me up and down once again.

"how did i get the most beautiful girl in the world?"

"you tell me," i giggled as i pulled him in for another kiss.

when we got home i undressed and hung the gown in the closet, pulling on a new set of underwear and fred's quidditch jumper. he lay on the bed shirtless and with the covers pulled up to his waist, revealing his v-line. the window was open and he stared out of it smiling.

i climbed onto the bed and threw my leg over his waist so that i was straddling him. his hands lifted to my waist as he continued staring at the sky.

"which star are you?"

"what?"

"like where is it?" i pulled myself off and lay beside him, still with one leg over and my hands wrapped around his his neck.

"lyra's a constellation. it's five stars." i pointed up and traced an outline in the sky and he awed when he understood.

"goodnight lyra," he was still looking at the star. "and goodnight to you too ly," he turned and kissed me.

"the stars get a goodnight first?"

"well you got a kiss," he kissed me once again and let his eyes close peacefully.

please vote and comment

how did y'all like this one?

you can find all their outfits and dresses on my pinterest @harrypottergirlwatt

are you more like remus or sirius?