✰ chapter twenty nine ✰

642 words
"nastily exhausting wizarding test. n-e-w-t's. more commonly known as newts." the woman whose face resembled a toad walked into the classroom drawing on the board with her want. i sat beside fred who watched the lady in pink burn the paper his brother was charming.

"kill me now," i mumbled to him.

"study hard and you will be rewarded. fail to do so, and the consequences may be severe. your previous instruction in this subject has been disturbingly uneven."

"what the bloody hell does that mean?" he whispered in my ear, resting his arm beside my own.

"but you'll be pleased to know, from now on you will be following a carefully structured, ministry-approved course of defensive magic. you'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

"what the bloody hell is that good for?" fred, george and i said in unison.

"students will raise their hand in my classroom!" she shouted at us.

"we're in our seventh year. how the hell is that going to help us once school is over?" i pressed further.

"detention miss..."

"black." she froze for a moment, staring at me in shock.

"i'll see you in my office tonight." i huffed and sunk into my chair, resting my head on fred's shoulder.

i walked beside fred and george when i felt a hand wrap around my arm pulling me away. freds hand was pulled out of mine and the twins turned in confusion but once they saw who was holding my arm they continued into the great hall for lunch.

"can we talk?" cedric asked looking down at me.

"yeah what do you need?"

i couldn't help but let my brain flick back to the summer with fred. incidents like the one in the bathroom had happened more than once and not to forget, we shared a bed.

"it's about us, i think you and i both know what's going on." i frowned looking at the floor in an attempt to block out his hurt face.

he looked back up at me, trying to keep a distance between us. he raised his hand and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear when i stepped closer.

"i think that we should break up."

"i was thinking that too, to be honest with you."

"it's always been you and fred lyra. everyone can see it. i just thought maybe i could change your mind."

"i do like you ced," i looked up and met his golden eyes.

"but not like him. i get it, i had my shot but it's him." he smiled at the end and pressed a kiss into my head.

"thank you ced."

"if you two aren't dating by the end of the week he'll be in trouble," he smiled before walking into the great hall and joining his friends at the hufflepuff table. i took a deep breath and walked into the large hall. my friends at the gryffindor table all looked up as i walked over.

"you good?" angelina asked as i sat between her and george. i glanced at her giving her a quick smile.

"i'll tell you when we're walking to class." i looked away from her and locked eyes with fred whose eyebrows were furrowed.

''what did he say?'' fred mouthed to me.

"we broke up," i mouthed back across the table. even though he tried to hide it, the small smile on his face was inevitable. after he regained his senses his brows furrowed and his lips pressed together in a hard line. "i'm fine freddie." he raised his brows asking for conformation and i smiled back at him.

"can we talk later? without george," he mouthed glancing at his brother who was chatting away with lee.

y'all gonna have fun next chapter hehehe

comment here if you're celebrating