✰ chapter six ✰

1444 words
It was finally Christmas Eve and I settled in the almost empty Great Hall eating dinner with the twins, Harry, Ron and Hermione as well as Ginny who was listening in on the conversation. This year it seemed as though the school was emptier than usual, which was expected after the stunt my psychopath of a Father pulled. The hall was decorated with twelve Christmas trees as usual and snow was falling from the roof, although it was unable to reach us.

"I reckon mine will be a brown, green colour with the itchiest wool you could ever find," George said. We were currently taking bets on whose Weasley family jumper will be the ugliest.

"That's awful, George, your mother works very hard to make those jumpers. Don't you agree with me, Lyra?" Hermione said, looking at me.

"I think mine will be red with little hints of green that actually looks brown. Oh, and that's Fred, not George." She only scoffed at me and apologised to George, not realising that I was lying to her. The three of us let out a small laugh once we made eye contact, and Hermione rolled her eyes, understanding what was happening.

"I don't understand, why are you laughing?" Ron questioned, making everybody at the table roll their eyes and shake their heads.

Once we finished eating I decided to go back to the boy's dorm rather than my own which was empty since all the girls went home for the holidays. Fred lifted the covers beside him, so I could crawl under, and I wrapped my arms around his waist, placing my head on his chest. I was listening to his steady heartbeat and feeling his hot breath on the side of my face.

"Do you think he'll make an effort again, Fred? To get back in?" I was just barely conscious, listening to the two brothers talk.

"I don't know George. Ly's worried out of her mind." His fingers laced themselves into my hair, and they continued talking about plans they had for new products, which were for pranking other students.

I fell asleep to the sound of the two boys laughing together quietly. I woke up before the twins and placed my presents for them beside the bottom of their beds, where the others from their family were waiting. I wandered back into my room and began going through the pile of presents on my bed. Harry, Ron and Hermione gifted me with a muggle book that I knew Hermione had bought. I gave the boys sweets and Hermione a magical book Remus used to read to me as a child.

I sorted through the pile, receiving a red sweater with a large 'I'm on the front, many sweets from the twins and Lee as well as a set of perfumes from Remus. Percy had sent me a journal.

I had told him I enjoyed reading last year when we both happened to be in the library together and an unlikely friendship began. After opening some more presents, there was one more small box left on my bed with a note left folded on top. Written in very neat handwriting, it said;

𝒾 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇

There was a small 's' beside it and I automatically knew who it was from. Slowly and carefully I opened the baby blue box revealing a silver charm bracelet with a dog and a moon.

I pulled it out of the box and put it on my wrist, getting dressed for the day. As usual, I met the others in the common room wearing our Weasley jumpers. Ginny was standing there furious in a jumper four sizes too big for her, and I watched George strut around the room wearing her jumper as a crop top. Fred was standing there applauding until he saw me and walked over, pulling me into a hug and wishing me Merry Christmas.

"Merry Christmas everyone, thank you all for the presents, I loved them." there were two or three other people in the common room just minding their business reading and after wishing them Merry Christmas, I dragged the Weasley family, Harry and Hermione into the corridor and towards the great hall. When I saw Cedric walk in he mouthed me to meet him outside which is exactly what I did.

fred's pov
I was looking for George and I happened to come across Lyra and Diggory in the courtyard. There was snow all around, and they were having a snow fight together. I watched as he hit her right on her face before pulling her in for a hug. I couldn't watch the two of them together, they just looked so happy. I turned around and walked back into the castle and saw George talking to a Hufflepuff from Ginny's year.

"George, I need to talk. It's about them," he knew exactly who I was talking about and stood up and walked down the corridor with me. I angrily ran my hand through my hair, messing it even more than it already was. The snow from earlier had melted, leaving it damp and causing it to get slightly wavy.

Lyra has curly hair. Not like Hermione's, No. It had large curls at the bottom and was never frizzy. She never let herself look anything less than perfect. That's because she is perfect. from all the time she had spent outside, her skin was littered with freckles across her nose, nothing like my own. She had perfect plump lips that made you want to kiss her every time you looked at her.

Not long ago it was her and I having snow fights. now she was letting Diggory be the one.

"What's up?"

"They're having a snow fight, and he's hugging her and getting so bloody close to her."

"Well come on then." George and I returned to the courtyard to see the both of them were gone, only their footprints leading into the castle remained. "Now would be a bloody good time to have the map," he pointed out.

I didn't know what George's tactic would be to bring Lyra back to us. He simply assured me that everything would work out and Diggory would be running for the hills. I wanted her, but I didn't want to hurt her.

Lyra's pov
Cedric and I went back to his dorm after our snow fight in the courtyard. There was only one other person in his room these holidays but Cedric said he spent almost all of his time reading in the library or front of their fireplace.

"Are you ready for your Christmas present?"

"Christmas present? I didn't get you anything," I told him.

"You don't need to. Your presence is my present."

"That's some Dumbledore bollox," he let out a laugh and opened his trunk and pulled out his Quidditch jumper and handed it to me.

"You better be wearing this at my games," he told me.

"I'm not sure I can promise to wear it to the Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff matches though."

"I think I might lose if I don't see you wearing it."

"Well, then I guess I'll wear my Gryffindor every time then."

We stayed in his dorm past dinner time before he walked me back to my house kissing me on the cheek as he left. When I stepped through the portrait I saw a head on the couch and internally groaned seeing curly bushy hair.

"Where in the bloody hell have you been all evening young lady? You missed dinner, and Fred and George were worried sick. If you got caught we could have lost-"

"Nothing, because I never get caught. And I'm perfectly fine I was with Cedric."

"Well, actually you just got caught. Besides that, you were with Cedric? What happened?"

"Nothing, we just were in his dorm talking for a while." That was the exact moment she looked down and saw me in his yellow and black quidditch jumper.

"You're in his jumper? Hold on a second. Did you go into his dorm? In the Hufflepuff dorms, through their common room?"

"It's alright there was practically nobody there and they've seen me before." Hermione spent over fifteen minutes getting me to tell her every little detail that happened and honestly I didn't expect her to want to listen to this.

"I just think, maybe it's best if you don't tell the boys, for now. They don't seem to like the other houses, especially Cedric Diggory."

I pulled off the jumper as I walked into my dorm, Angelina hounding me with questions the moment I walked in.