✰ chapter twenty one ✰

676 words
hermione and i were both in the restricted section of the library looking for ways to help harry and cedric. cedric has told harry not to long after we found out.

"so, how was viktor krum?"

"oh he was lovely. i had a great night, at least until ron came."

"what happened with ron?" i asked her looking up from my book.

"well apparently i'm fraternising with the enemy," she said rolling her eyes. i let out a loud laugh and she looked at me like i was crazy.

"apparently that runs in the family. the twins saw me kissing cedric and fred lost it. i was with the enemy." i said in air quotes.

"oh wow, it does run in the family." ginny then sat down beside hermione plopping four large books on the table.

"ginny, i have a question. is your family tree a cactus? because your'e are a bunch of pricks."

"what did they do now?" we explained to her what had happened and she left straight away to yell at them, despite our protests. hermione and i stayed in the library for a little longer before i left to go to class. after i finished my lessons i returned back to the library where the trio were sitting in one row and cedric in another.

"you missed class," i pointed out.

"it's not really my biggest problem right now. care to help?" i sat beside him grabbing a book from the pile.

"i've already checked that book," i pointed to the one in his hands. he huffed and slammed it closed, grabbing another.

"have you ever tried this?" he pointed to the page in his book, i looked over.
the bubble-head charm

"we're suppose to learn it this year. maybe you can ask flitwick?" we stayed in the library looking for some more methods until it was around dinner. cedric left my side we he spotted flitwick but i continued into the hall. the only gryffindors there were the trio, angelina, katie and fred. i sat opposite fred looking at him.

"lyra, can we talk?"

"well if it's anything like last time," i trailed off.

"that's what i want to talk about. i'm sorry lyra."

"fred, i don't know."

"please lyra. you're my best friend. i'm a mess without you. please forgive me for being an idiot." i gave him a smile before george plopped himself beside him. dinner was the same, the hall was loud with all three schools there and everyone anxious for the second task.

cedric and i returned to the library after dinner, him announcing the the charm will work. we spent the next hour trying to teach him how to do the spell.

"miss black," a menacing voice said. i looked up to see snape watching us.

"how can i help you professor?"

"professor mcgonagall would like to see you in her office." he turned away promptly and i gave cedric an apologetic smile before following. i walked into mcgonagall's office to see ron, hermione and a young blonde girl.

"ah miss black, let's begin."

"begin what exactly professor?" hermione asked.

"i'm sure you all already know what the clue is. to recover something the mermaids took. we've noticed you all are very close to one of the champions so we will be placing you underwater in a deep sleep for them to recover."

"and what if they don't?" i asked her.

"the mermaids will bring you back up to shore. so please stand in a line, stand up straight mr weasley." she scolded ron before muttering a spell freezing him in place. the young girl beside me began talking very fast and urgently in french. she looked worried no knowing what is happening so i gently grabbed her hand holding it tight. when she got to me i slipped my hand out from the girls and let my eyes flutter closed. a cold feeling washed over me and i was fast asleep.

this is just a filler chapter so it's quite short.