✰ chapter fifty nine ✰

721 words
i left the flat before fred could wake up. i kissed him and dissaparated back to the malfoy manor, stumbling as i landed.

i headed straight for a shower and got ready for the day. i slipped into short black flowy dress that had white spots on it. it was thin enough to keep me cool during the summer

it was sunday, the day before i started my first day working at st mungo's. there was a black coffee sitting on the desk waiting for me and i took it happily. i pulled open the curtains which revealed the bright shining sun.

i sat on the seat by the window watching the grounds below. there were birds flying, butterflies and bees resting on flowers and small rabbits hopping. there was no sign of any garden gnomes unlike the burrow.

once i finished my coffee i set out down the grand stair case and headed for the library. i passed narcissa in the drawing room who gave me a weak smile which i could return and i opened the doors to the library.

i thanked merlin that it was empty and that i wouldn't have to try and make conversation. i made my way through the shelves in search for the medical section. the malfoy library was by far the largest and most extensive one i had even seen or heard of.

once i reached the shelf i was looking for, i started pulling out books. hopefully if i could revise everything i know then tomorrow would go perfectly fine.

i spent about four hours in the library studying. draco was obviously avoiding me otherwise he would have come looking for me by now.

once i packed everything away and returned them to their respective places i left the large room. i wandered aimlessly through the halls until i reached the door which led to the outside.

there was a large hedge maze which i could explore as i tried to kill time. the weather was absolutely beautiful and i could enjoy the summer heat. i hummed to myself as i walked around and spoke to the birds that would land near me.

remus took me once to see a muggle version of the hedge maze, it was much smaller and lacked the moving walls. oh how i missed living with remus.

it took me almost an hour to work my way through the entire maze and back out into the open. draco sat on a bench with a small charms book open on his lap. he looked up when he saw me and smiled sweetly.

"just wanted to make sure you're alright."

"i'm fine. your arm?" he pulled his sleeve up to reveal the bandage was still wrapped nicely over the dark mark.

"mother wanted me to let you know that next week there will be a party here. to congratulate you on your job."

"i won't know anyone."

"you've met them last time. the dark lord won't be there if that's why you're worried."

"greyback?" i asked quizzically.

"well he's not a very reliant guest."

"alright then."

draco smiled and returned to the book he was reading, face screwing up in confusion straight away. i took that as a sign to take my leave and i returned back to the manor and back up into my room.

i had ought to write to kingsley and moody about what had happened at to fred to tell him that i'm alright. i of course also wrote to re and sirius telling them that i'm fine and how much i missed them.

i wrapped up andromeda's dress and i sent it to tonks with a small not attached saying; i know you don't like dresses but this was your mother's.

i followed with writing a letter to charlie weasley. i had forgotten to tell him that I would begin at st mungos. when he was still at hogwarts, he would teach me about healing as he tried to help the animals on the grounds. he was the reason that this was becoming my career.

i sighed in content and sent the letter, standing up to begin planing for the next day.

sorry this chapter is short. it's just a small filler.

should i edit the book and make it capital letters?