✰ chapter nineteen ✰

811 words
hermione and i sat together in the library, her finishing homework whilst i wrote to my father. the twins were at their first class of the day with lee. my dad had wrote back to me responding to my questions and asking me to take care of harry.

"so, who are you planning on going to the ball with?"

"if i'm being honest i wanted ronald to ask me. but i accepted viktor krum's invitation."

"ron weasley? viktor krum?" i blurted out loudly before getting shushed by the librarian. "you wanted to go with ron over viktor krum?"

"i know it sounds silly. i don't even know why i wanted ronald to ask me. i just, well i-i."

"it's alright, i understand." she gave me a knowing smile before turning back to her work.

"and who do you plan on going with then?" she asked not looking up from her page.

"oh, i forgot to tell you. everyone else found out earlier. cedric asked me yesterday." i signed my letter to sirius before folding it over. i was writing to him about the ball and i even decided to tell him about cedric.

"you're going to the ball with cedric, oh how wonderful. how is everything going with him?"

"well i think it's going well. i've decided to lock up my feelings for fred, because whats the point? cedric is real, fred is just a fantasy. alright then 'mione, i'm headed up to the owlery." i said grabbing the paper and wishing her farewell. i left the library and made my way through the courtyard before i was grabbed harshly by a boy with pale hair.

"why the bloody hell are people saying you're going to the ball with cedric diggory?"

"draco wha-"

"i tolerate the hufflepuff's more than the others, but cedric diggory?" he ran his hands through his pale blonde locks.

"it's none of your business draco, just go to class." after hearing me say this cedric, who was eavesdropping decided to come over.

"you!" draco sneered grabbing cedric's collar attempting to move him. cedric just looked at me asking what to do. he was double the height of draco and his body stayed planted firmly on the ground.

"oh get off him, you three inch prick." i grumbled to my cousin earning a look from both of them.

"do you think you're good enough for my cousin here? i can assure you, you're not."

"draco, buddy. i'm not trying to do anything but dance with her. i'll keep my distance and you can have as many dances with her as you wish."

"just remember. if i wanted to kill you, i would."

"oh relax, you have the strength of a chocolate eclair." i grumbled and pulled draco away into the corridor before dumping him with his goons. i walked back to cedric who stood awkwardly alone in the middle of the courtyard.

"everything okay?" cedric asked me hugging me tightly.

"yeah, i've got to go to the owlery but i'll see you later cedric."

----

after leaving defence against the dark arts, cedric and i walked through the halls towards the great hall. we were hand in hand and everybody was walking miles in front of us.

"your cousin seems to hate me much more than everyone else."

"he's just protective, i'm all he really has." i told him. before we turned the corner where the great hall was, we stopped. he wrapped his hand around the back of my head and pulled me in for a kiss. our lips connected together in perfect harmony and his tongue slipped into my mouth, which i allowed. once we heard footsteps we pulled away not willing to have a teacher turn the corner and give us detention. i looked up to see the twins standing there expressionless fred, with his eyes glued to me.

"i'll, i'll um see you later." cedric said dropping his hand and walking past the twins. george glared at him as he walked past but fred's eyes stayed on me.

"don't you two have something better-"

"you were kissing him," george said.

"it's none of your business," i grumbled.

"how is it not our bui-" george was interrupted by fred who still stared at me.

"he's the enemy! look at you! kissing him, sucking up to him! whats next? you start sucking his d-"

"freddie, let's go." i was frozen in place as i watched my two best friends walk away. i felt a single hot tear run down my right cheek until i broke and tears came flooding out of my eyes. i decided on skipping dinner and i went straight up to my room curling into my bed. i managed to cry myself to sleep before the girls came back but i knew in the morning i would have to tell them.