✰ chapter twenty six ✰

743 words
i stood in the great hall once more beside the twins and lee. the two schools were still here and the news about what had happened yesterday had spread like wildfire. many people didn't know what to think but i knew harry was telling the truth.

"the ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. you see, the dark lord has returned. and this is a time for our new bonds to grow even stronger, and to remember our friends. on behalf of hogwarts we wish all the students of beauxbatons and durmstrang a warm farewell. and hogwarts will always be open to those in need." he smiled and we followed the two schools out of the castle.

i slipped away from the two brothers and i grabbed cedric's hand as he walked beside viktor krum and fleur delacour. he kissed me when i arrived and we walked happily together.

"it is good to see you again lyra," fleur said hugging me.

"i hope i get to see you again," i smiled back. after the students were border into their ships or carriages, george gave me a slight nudge with a twinkle in his eye.

he backed away until i saw two ginger heads fly above us on brooms. the three schools cheered as they set of fireworks and they soared through the sky. we watched the ship drop under the surface and the carriages flew into the distance and we made our way towards the train platform.

once i was boarded into the train i gave cedric a sweet kiss goodbye before joining the twins and lee in the compartment. i sat beside fred swinging my legs over his and leaning my head against the window.

"so next year. seventh year," george smiled.

"any bets on potter?" lee joked.

"let's just hope he has a calm year," i smiled looking out the window.

"we have lot's of products to try next year. you both going to help?" george asked lee and i. i glanced at fred who had a small smile on his face as he watched me.

"what are you looking at?"

"you look so beautiful."

"ahem," george coughed making fred and i eyes pull apart. about halfway through the train ride lee had left and the three of us decided to venture through the train

"this is ron's i saw him earlier," george said pointing to the compartment.

"then what the bloody hell is malfoy doing?"

"too late now, potter! they'll be the first to go, now the dark lord's back! mudbloods and muggle lovers first!" we heard draco say before fireworks inside the compartment exploded. after a series of bangs my cousin and his goons lay unconscious on the floor.

"thought we'd see what those three were up to," said fred stepping onto goyle and into the compartment. george followed stepping into goyle and i stepped over my cousin. once inside ron, harry, and george kicked, rolled, and pushed the unconscious slytherins out into the corridor.

"exploding snap, anyone?" i asked sitting beside hermione resting my head on fred's shoulder.

"you going to tell us, then?" harry said to george. "who you were blackmailing?"

"oh," george darkly. "that." i chuckled glancing up at fred.

"it doesn't matter," said fred, shaking his head impatiently. "it wasn't anything important. not now, anyway."

"they've given up," i laughed. after the three of them bugging the twins, fred finally broke.

"all right, all right, if you really want to know. it was ludo bagman."

"bagman?" said harry sharply. "are you saying he was involved in -"

"nah," george said gloomily. "nothing like that. stupid git. he wouldn't have the brains."

"well, what, then?" said ron.

"you remember that bet we had with him at the quidditch world cup? about how ireland would win, but krum would get the snitch?"

"yeah," harry and ron said in unison.

"well, the git paid us in leprechaun gold he'd caught from the irish mascots."

"so?"

"so," fred said impatiently, "it vanished, didn't it? by next morning, it had gone!"

"but, it must've been an accident, mustn't it?" hermione said.

"yeah, that's what we thought," george grumbled.

"in the end, he turned pretty nasty," said fred.

"told us we were too young to gamble, and he wasn't giving us anything."

"then he didn't give us our money back." fred said waving his arms around. george sighed deeply and started dealing out the cards again.