✰ chapter forty four ✰

before we begin....thoughts on a harry potter x narnia book

1788 words
"how'd you get away?"

"puking pastilles. it wasn't pretty."

"told them i was hungry, wanted some sweets. they told me to bugger off and ate the lot themselves."

"that was clever, ron." ginny and i smirked at each other while hermione congratulated him.

"has been known to happen," he joked.

"-it was brilliant," neville interrupted. "so how are we getting to london?"

"i failed my apparition test, so i'm not the answer." ginny gave me a nudge while she laughed at me pouting.

"look, it's not that i don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you, but i've got you into enough trouble as it is." harry tried to nudge us off but none of us stood down.

"dumbledore's army's supposed to be about doing something real. or was that all just words to you?" neville shouted as harry walked away from the group.

"maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself, mate," ron said. i never spent much time with ron but now that the twins were gone i began noticing their similarities. although they were different and didn't look alike, he was just as loyal as they were to me.

"so how are we going to get to london?"

"we fly, of course." luna smiled.

"there's going to be a slight problem with that." ginny gave me a smile and held my hand as we walked through the bridge. the only thing going through my mind was my dads face. i sat behind ginny with my arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

we sprinted through the ministry searching for the department of mysteries and once the elevator door opened everyone was frozen in place. it was like everything we had planned and prepared for had vanished from our minds.

"oh for fucks sake," i grumbled and pushed past them.

"this is it," harry said joining me. once we were inside we searched through the rows filled with orbs, the only source of light coming from the tips of our wands. "he should be here."

"then where the hell is he?" i grumbled

"harry. It's got your name on it," neville pointed out on of the orbs and we stood staring at it.

"harry!" hermione called. he lifted the orb and brought it with him. somebody was in their with us and it definitely wasn't my dad. a man with his face covered by a mask walked down the row not saying anything.

"you know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams and reality." lucius pulled out his wand and made the mask disappear, revealing himself to us.

"uncle," i whispered.

"lyra, what is it you're doing with these children?" i remembered draco's conversation and i knew i needed to find an upper hand.

"you have my father."

"you saw only what the dark lord wanted you to see," he looked to harry once again. "now, hand me the prophecy."

"if you do anything to us, i'll break it." i pushed ginny and luna behind me, guarding them from any oncoming danger.

"he knows how to play. itty, bitty baby. potter."

"bellatrix lestrange." she had walked out from another row. dressed in black with her hair messily done, you could see that she was crazy without needing to hear her speak.