✰ chapter twenty ✰

1238 words
i was sitting in the common room with angelina when we watched ron walk in, guided by his sister and her friends.

"what happened to you?" i asked walking over with angelina, harry and hermione.

"he just asked fleur delacour out," ginny answered for him.

"what?" hermione asked dumbfounded.

"what did she say?" harry questioned his friend.

"no, of course." ron shook his head grumbling softly. angelina and i looked at each other in absolute shock.

"she said yes?" hermione said raising her hands to cover her shocked expression.

"don't be silly. there she was, walking by. you know how i like it when they walk. i couldn't help it, it just sort of slipped out."

"actually, he sort of screamed at her. lt was a bit frightening," ginny told us.

"and what did you do then?" angelina and i asked."

"what else? i ran for it. i'm not cut out for this, harry. i don't know what got into me. i always liked looking at them from behind. she's never gonna forgive me, ever." harry walked away as ron kept telling us about her. after about five minutes harry returned squatting in front of ron.

"don't worry about it ron, we have dates now."

"harry what the bloody hell are you talking about?"

"padma patil is officially your date to the yule ball. you're welcome."

----

on christmas morning i was greeted by presents at my feet and on my trunk. katie was awake opening her gifts but the other two were still asleep.

"morning sunshine," she sung.

"merry christmas katie." i sat up and began opening my presents, beginning with the weasley family's which i knew was a sweater. i left remus, sirius and the twins presents for last. remus gave me a few bars of chocolate and a stack of muggle records. the twins gave me some sweets with an apology letter from george which i knew fred didn't know about.

i opened another box from the twins which burst, smoke emitting from it. katie laughed so loud she woke up alicia. my final present was similar to a howler. it was my dad talking into a letter, talking to me. he told me about his life, my mum, his friends and me. he also gave me a sun charm for my bracelet which i wore everyday.

i went down into the common room in my blue jumper just like every year. i sat on the couch with the rest of the weasleys on the other side of the room as the twins. george and i smiled at each other but that was as much as we communicated that day. i wasn't able to find cedric on christmas day but i was getting dressed for the ball with the girls, ginny and hermione.

ginny wore a pink and green dress and she would be going with neville, who her brothers didn't know about. hermione, who was going with krum wore a silk pink dress with her hair slicked and curled. katie wore a dark green dress and alicia as well. angelina wore a red mermaid dress and i wore a blue dress which cling to my body with a high slit on my right leg.

alicia and ginny left first, followed by katie, angelina and i. hermione was following behind still trying to fix her hair. when i reached the bottom of the staircase cedric stood there in a black dress robe with a black bow tie. he placed his hand out for me to accept, which i did.

"you look beautiful."

"you're not to bad yourself." we waited outside the hall with the rest of the champions. i gave hermione a small smile seeing how nervous she was and turned back to cedric.