✰ chapter thirty nine ✰

1127 words
i stepped out of the fireplace, coughing and brushing floo off my attire. the house was much warmer than the manour and i could hear the loud shouts of ron and ginny.

i made my way to the kitchen where the volume of the shouting grew and i now understood what was happening. i kept the door closed, listening to ginny.

"how is it my fault you're a git who can't get a girlfriend!"

"well that's not very christmassy ginerva," i scolded as i walked into the room. fred's lanky body shot out of his seat and scooped me up into a tight hug. he lifted my feet of the ground and his scent enveloped me. my arms were wrapped around his neck and his arms were squeezing my waist tightly.

"merry christmas love."

"merry christmas freddie." he dropped me back on the ground and unwrapped his arms. i stepped away and was pulling into a hug nearly as tight by my dad. he rested his chin on my head a greeted me. after i was finished saying my hello's, i stood between feeds feet with my back pressed against his chest.

"ho, ho, ho. merry christmas." arthur was wheeled into the room by molly and we cheered.

"daddy's back," she smiled. "sit down, everybody, sit down. that's it. now, presents." tonks and remus walked through the door wishing everyone at the table. remus gave me a kiss on the head and pulled me into a hug.

molly dropped an box in front of ron which made a big smile spread across his face. she handed harry and ginny their presents and turned to the twins. every year it seemed she'd forgot who was who and in the end she didn't manage to work it out. she gave me a green present and i thanked her with a smile.

ron was the first to open his gift. he pulled out a sleeveless grey jacket covered in fur. his smile dropped instantly but returned upon hearing molly's cheery voice. there was a large 'r' on the side of it and he gave his dad a forced smile. hermione and i giggled under our breath and turned to our own gifts.

i ripped the packaging open and pulled out a black jumper with a large 'l' on the front. i looked over to the twins who had their jaws dropped. i smirked to them as they wrapped their brown and orange scarves around their neck. molly handed everyone a glass and arthur lifted his into the air.

"a christmas toast. to mr. harry potter, without whom I would not be here." i watched my dad who was leaning against the door frame behind harry. he gave him a small smile and i turned back to the twins.

"i am definitely your mums favourite."

"that's because she doesn't see how much of a monster you truly are," george rolled his eyes.

"i'm an angel. you can't tell me otherwise."

"i can't understand why you don't want to wear it, ronald." hermione teased while mr and mrs weasley weren't listening.

"i look like a bloody idiot, that's why."

"no more than usual, ron," i teased. he continued ranting about his jacket and fred led me out the room. we walked up the stairs to the room we were staying in and he shut the door. i sat on the bed and dropped backwards, spreading my arms out on the bed.

he lifted me so that i slid up to the top of the bed, my head resting on the pillows. he held himself over my body and rested his forehead on my own and brushing our noses together. i tilted my head higher so that our lips would meet. when we finally pulled away i peered through my lashes to look at him.

"merry christmas my angel." i blushed at the name he had given me and i looked away. the door swung open and hit the wall with a thud.

"oh merlin, save me. wipe this image out of my mind or better yet, burn my eyes out." george had the most horrified look on his face as he begged for something to happen to him.

"if you don't shut up i'll do it myself weasley."

"wow, i've never been so insulted..." his voice trailed off as he closed the door and walked away. fred smiled at me and lowered himself over my stomach. he lifted my shirt and blew raspberries into my stomach making me burst into a fit of laughter. he rested his head on my tummy as i relaxed and took a deep breath.

i threaded my fingers into his ginger hair and started braiding it. it wasn't proper braids, more me tying his hair into a knot. his legs practically hung off the bed but his face looked so peaceful.

"please don't leave me freddie."

"i'm not going anywhere love," it sounded more like a question that a reassurance.

"i mean at school."

"we've talked about this. you can come with us, and if not, you have lee, angie and alicia."

"they're not you. it's not even that long fred."

"let's not stress about this today okay? everything's going to be fine." he rolled himself off the bed and helped me stand up. we walked down the creaky staircase together but i walked into my dads room where he and remus stood.

"everything okay?"

"what, hm- yeah." sirius wiped a stray tear off his cheek hoping i wouldn't notice. remus taught me better than to pry at someone so i ignored it.

"how was it with your cousins?" remus tried to capture my attention with this question but the man next to him tensed up.

"alright, there was a party earlier but nothing else happened. it's quiet lonesome there," i shrugged.

they sat on the bed, both looking extremely exhausted. remus had heavy bags and more scars on his skin and my dad had his shoulders hunched, body slightly leaning to his best friend. i excused myself and left in search of the twins. all the kids were seated in the living room in front of the fire. the sun had set already and they were finding comfort in one another.

harry, ron and hermione sat on one couch, george sat on the floor in front of ginny getting his hair braided and fred sat in an armchair staring at the fire. i climbed over the chair and sat in his lap, my legs dangling off the other side. he pressed a quick kiss to my lips and groans were heard throughout the entire room.

please vote and comment