✰ chapter forty two ✰

695 words
the sunlight was streaming into the room, warming the air. i peeled my eyes open trying to adjust to the light while two figures worked busily. george stood on the edge of his bed shoving him clothes into his trunk not paying attention to me. he glanced up and gave me a small smile but not stopping to explain.

"what's happening?" george nodded towards fred and pulled his trunk behind him, out of the room. i turned to fred who had a frown on his face. i understood what what's happening but i didn't want it to be real. he closed his trunk and sat beside me on his bed, brushing a stray love of my hair behind my ear.

"we're going to go today. it's time for georgie and i to move on ly."

"what do you mean today?"

"we're going to fly out of here. the shop is ready and we have something big planned for when we leave." a lone tear flowed down my cheek which he quickly wiped away.

"but, it's always been the three of us. i thought you would wait till the end of the year." he pulled me into a tight hug and pulled me so that i sat on his lap with my legs wrapped around his waist.

we stayed like that, wrapped in one another's embrace until george returned. he coughed awkwardly as he walked into their shared dorm and fred and i pulled away.

"i'll pick you up from the station at the end of the year. i promise." he gave me a sweet kissed and wiped away the tears which had stained my cheeks.

"you better make it good," i laughed referring to the prank they had planned. i helped them with the last minute things and tweaking the biggest firework so that it would work properly. they sent me up to the astronomy tower so that umbridge wouldn't look for me and when it his 4:15 the loud pops began.

i couldn't see anything, but i could hear loud screams and shouts before they came zooming out of the entrance hall on their brooms.

students came running out of all sides of the school to cheer them on as they left. they threw the final firework. a large 'w' burst into the sky and everybody cheered. i knew even most of the professors would be as well, how could you not.

they warned me about the damage they would cause in the castle and what the rest of the school were about to find was even worse than the fireworks. they had flooded half the castle and let many of their products around to cause chaos.

they flew around the other side of the castle and then around the back. they landed on the astronomy tower with huge smiles and i laughed loudly and pulled them into a tight hug.

"don't kill each other, make sure you eat, stay safe."

"we will ly, don't stress," george laughed.

"and you better write to me. other wise my foot will be so far up your ass you won't be able-"

"we'll write!" they shouted in unison. george pulled me into a tight hug and i wrapped my arms around him. to be honest we hadn't spent much time together this year and i was coming to really regret it.

"see you soon georgie." he mounted his broom and kicked off, flying around the castle once more.

"i love you."

"i love you more freddie." he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into a deep kiss. his hands trailed down and gave my ass a squeeze making me giggle.

"if you don't manage to get yourself killed before the end of the year, i'll meet you at the station." i nodded and hugged him tightly once more.

"i can't promise that. harry potter is in our house."

"i'll see you soon love." he kissed my forehead and kicked off on his broom. i waved as the two of them faded into the distance, refusing to cry.

sorry this is a short chapter but please vote and comment.

who's your favourite character?