✰ chapter fourteen ✰

1344 words
i woke up in the twins empty room wrapped in fred's sheets. i looked up as they both came striding in together dressed in green not noticing i was awake.

"and when exactly where you two dim wits planning on waking me?"

"lyra. oh, morning. well we thought ginny would've got you while we were in the shower." george said to me.

"what are you waiting for? get up then." i took a quick shower before putting on a pair of black jeans and george's green hoodie he had given me a few years back. i walked into the lounge to see everyone dressed in green beside ron and harry who were still asleep.

"how brilliant, everybody in green. unfortunately lyra you've missed breakfast," arthur said admiring my jumper. just as he finished ron and harry walked into the room wearing black and red.

"look at you," george said.

"wanting to be the least favourite even more ron?" fred said wrapping a green and white scarf around my neck

"oh shut it. we know a good team when we see one."

"so who exactly am i cheering for?" i asked the group.

"the irish of course, they're only the best team in all of quidditch." ginny said picking up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder.

"that's enough standing around. we've got to get a move on." we collected our bags and left the house walking over the hill and following a path.

"hey dad, where are we going?" ron yelled from behind us.

"haven't the foggiest, keep up." i looked at ginny and hermione who were walking beside me for an answer but they both shrugged their shoulders. we continued walking for over fifteen minutes until finally we heard a voice.

"arthur! it's about time son." i looked to see a shirt man with rectangular glasses and a large backpack strapped to him.

"sorry amos. some of us had a bit of
a sleepy start. this is amos diggory
everyone, he works with me at the ministry." a large figure dropped from the massive tree above us. a familiar face locked eyes with me with a small smile on his face.

"and this strapping young lad must be
cedric, am i right?" arthur asked. fred and george groaned quietly beside me and i had to hit both of them with my elbow on their ribs.

"yes sir." they were interrupted by amos realising who harry was and we continued our walk. i dropped towards the back leaving the twins grumpy and hermione and ginny giggling.

"morning diggory," i pushed my hair over my shoulder nervously.

"good morning black. so who exactly will you be cheering for today?" he asked testing to see if i knew.

"that would be the irish. how have your holidays be-"

"that's it sir, just over there." george yelled noticing a brown old boot sitting atop a hill.

"shall we? we don't want to be late." we all put our hands on the portkey which began spinning in circles rising up in the air.

"let go kids. let go." we followed the instructions and went plummeting to the ground, hitting it with a thud.

i sat up and watched cedric and the two men float down gracefully. cedric reached out a hand to me which i accepted and he turned to also help harry into his feet.

"well kids, welcome to the quidditch
world cup!" arthur yelled over the crowd and loud music. amos decided that he and cedric would make their own way to their tent so cedric turned to me, tucking a strand of my dark hair behind my ear.

"i'll see you later princess."

"don't ever call me that."

"you got it princess." i scoffed and watched his walk away seeing the twins glaring at the back of his head.

arthur guided us to a small tent but once i walked in, it was almost the size of a house. i threw my bag on the bottom bunk and hermione and ginny put theirs on the ones above me. ron walked to the fridge straight away and the twins sat at the table with their feet perched up. after the three of them getting yelled at and everybody unpacked their stuff we made our way up to our seats.

"blimey dad, how far up are we?" ron asked his dad as we climbed higher and higher.

"well put it this way, if it rains,
you'll be the first to know." i looked down to see my cousin, aunt and uncle.

"uncle, good to see you. you know the weasleys," i said smiling at them. remus decided it was good for me to spend time with some of my blood family before i started hogwarts. i would often spend weekends and holidays with the malfoys.

"lyra dear, if you wanted tickets you could have come with us darling," my aunt said.

"we're in the minister's box,
by personal invitation of cornelius
fudge himself." draco said interrupting his mother.

"don't boast draco. there's no need with
these people. do enjoy yourself won't
you. while you can." draco gave me a small smile and we continued walking.

"come on up, take your seats. i told
you these seats would be worth waiting
for."

"come on," george shouted looking over the stadium. suddenly the players raced past our heads dressed in green, fireworks were set off and the stadium burst into cheers.

"here come the bulgarians," fred said as they came flying through the fireworks doing tricks.

"who's that?" i yelled.

"that lyra, is the best seeker in the world" fred told me. the stadium began shouting his name, krum. the twins had met with ludo bagman earlier betting on the game.

despite arthur and i's protest they bet their entire life earnings that krum would catch the snitch but the irish wins. when the match ended the twins were in full celebration mode. their bet had been correct. they now stood in the tent, irish dancing together to their own tune.

"there's no one like krum. he's like
a bird the way he rides the wind. he's
more than an athlete, he's an artist." ron said interrupting the twins. the twins began grumbling and muttering his name, flapping their arms like wings to piss off their younger brother.

"i think you're in love ron," ginny said teasing her older brother. then the twins and harry began singing to him.

"viktor i love you! viktor i do! when we're apart my heart beats only for you."

"it sounds like the irish have got their pride on," i said commenting on the sounds outside.

"stop! stop it. it's not the irish. we've
gotta get out of here. now." we all ran out of the tent and saw chaos everywhere. arthur told us to find the portkey but we had lost harry, ron and hermione on the way. we reached the woods before we stopped just watching everything from a distance.

"oh, my," i whispered watching the dark mark appear in the sky. i heard my name from beside me and i turned to see cedric. i ran up and hugged him. "thank merlin you're alright."

"we've got to get going ced," his father said from behind him.

"i'll see you on the train," he told me. after about half an hour of just waiting, the twins decided it would be a good idea to head back watching others do it as well. the tents furthest from ours had caught fire but were now extinguished.

"you okay?" fred asked me quietly.

"yeah, just tired." he bent over and i climbed onto his back hooking my legs around him and resting my head on his shoulder falling asleep.

fred's pov
"you alright georgie?"

"i'm alright." ginny was asleep on his back and lyra on mine. "did you see her and diggory today?

"i know." we paused for some time, just walking in silence

"she'll hate us if we get between them."

"at least we'll be doing something good for her."