Episode 15 (Part 1)

I rushed towards the hospital right after I heard Gintoki had a car accident. I went towards the room and outside it was Otose-san and others with a heavy look on their face. "So he was hit when he went to buy JUMP?" I asked in disbelief. "Well, I hope he learns a thing or two from this" Otose-san said taking a puff from her cigarette. "Huh, I was worried for nothing" Kagura said flipping her hair. Thank God, it's nothing serious I breathed in relief. "Excuse me... as the one who hit him, that makes me feel better. I'm really sorry. I was talking on my cellphone and didn't see him" a guy in his 30s came towards us scratching the back of his neck. "You SCUM! If something happens to Gintoki/Gin-chan, I'll TEAR you limb by limb and burn you!" Both Kagura and Otose-san kicked the guy to death. Then it IS very serious!

After getting permission from the doctor, we went to visit Gintoki. "What? You look quite fine" Otose-san said looking disinterested. "We were all not worried" Kagura said again flipping her hair. Again, why can't you two be honest?! "Who are you people? Do you all know me?" Gintoki's innocent voice echoed through the room. "W-What are you talking about Gin-san? It's us" Shinpachi laughed nervously. His eyes aren't like dead fish eyes anymore... and his voice seems more sincere... is it what I think it is?! I looked at the doctor who shook his head at me. He told us that Gintoki was going through amnesia and advised us not to rush with stuffs but to take it slow.

Later the doctor discharged Gintoki and we took him home. After I dropped off Gintoki's broken scooter at Gengai-san's place I joined the others in Yorozuya's place. Everyone talked to him about his daily life and how he was before. They even showed him his favourite Ketsuno Ana, the weather girl on TV but nothing clicked on his mind. That's when I suggested to take Gintoki out for a stroll around Kabukichou cause he has a lot of branches there. And I meant for everyone to come but those brats and the old geezer made only me to go with him. So here I am stuck with Gintoki.

We were supposed to cross the street so as usual I walked. I turned around to see Gintoki still standing. "What's wrong?" I asked going towards him. "I... I can't cross" he looked down, his eyes almost watery. Oh My God. "Here" I held my hand out to him which he took nervously. "You're alright now, just walk normally" I said squeezing his hand. His slouched shoulders raised a bit and eyes were no more watery. After crossing Gintoki didn't want to leave my hand so we walked towards hand in hand. He walked beside me quietly as I explained the places he had visited before. He looked at me intently almost like an infant but I couldn't figure out what he was thinking.

At first we met Katsura and his pet Elizabeth outside of the bar. After I explained the situation to him, Katsura tried tricking Gintoki saying he worked under Katsura as a Joui Rebel. And being the forgetful Gintoki is, he almost went with him until I smacked Katsura on the head. Then we were met with a rather uninvited guest named Sarutobi. When I told her about Gintoki's illness she immediately acted like his wife and tried to take him away from me. "Shut the hell up, you ugly pig" Gintoki shouted in annoyance. "Dear, I am your wife" she pleaded. "Of course you aren't! If it's anyone, it should be her" he said pointing at me. "I- Uh no" I said before carrying Gintoki and jumping away from that woman. None of the moments encountered with anyone sparked anything in Gintoki.

The sun was almost setting so we decided to sit on the riverside and talk a bit. I told him about his past, his famous name 'Shiro Yasha', but nothing clicked to his mind. My eyes were watering causing me to look up at the sky. "You... You loved this 'Gintoki' person didn't you?" he asked me innocently causing my head to turn towards his. The way he spoke... he didn't mean it like any friendly love. "I... uh" I wanted to reply 'no' but words didn't come out of my mouth. I could feel tears starting to slip from my eyes. "Ex-Excuse-me, I've got some dirt on my eyes" I immediately looked away from him and wiped my tears.

"Tell me, was he that important?" his sudden movement of his hand on my cheeks stunned me. "Is it that bad if he isn't there? Can't I be the new 'Gintoki'...?" he thumb grazed over my cheek. No... No- "This body...it's automatically reacting to you" he said softly, a hint of frustration on his voice. Gintoki's still fighting. "Of course he was important to me! I spent almost my entire lifetime with him" I weeped like a child under his touch. "He's important to us all. We... I want him to come back to us. Nothing would be the same without him" I said softly.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to hurt you, someone whom this 'Gintoki' loves. I can't remember even if I tried to. He can't come back. Forgive me" Gintoki said standing up. "Don't leave!" I held his hands. "Stay with us. We'll help you with this. You don't have to go through this alone" I said holding his hands tightly. "After hearing how I was in the previously, I... don't want to be that. I want to start over again. I really am sorry" he crouched down a bit. "Don't say that" I cried leaning my head on his hands. "Forgive me, Hanae Mitsuki" For the 1st time it felt like I had no strength in me and Gintoki's hands easily slipped from mine. "No... GINTOKI!".

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.