Episode 25 (Part 1)

"Welco-" i stopped on my tracks noticing the weird behaviour of the man. He had unibrows, his eyes were full white and his mouth was drooling. Right when he grabbed the woman in front of him by hair, i kicked him out of the shop. "Are you alright, ma'am?" i asked pulling her up. "Y-Yes.. but what in the world was that.. ?" i felt her shiver as she spoke. Thankfully that man was unconscious from the kick.

"Emergency warning! Emergency warning!" the microphones in the town spoke which perked my ears up. "To all residents of Kabukichou, we forbid you from going outside and out of Kabukichou. For those who are out at the moment, please escape to the nearest building. Do not go near anyone with a unibrow for they are extremely dangerous. If your eyebrows are about to connect shave it off at once. I repeat-" the announcer warned us all.

I instantly shut the door and ordered the girls to check everyone's eyebrows. "All clear" they replied in unision. Customers were beginning to panic all of a sudden. I clapped my hands loudly attracting all their attention and then started talking. "One thing is confirmed - this place is safe. A warning - none of you would step out of here. Lastly, i will go out and check what's happening" my last sentence caused a bit of an uproar in the restaurant. "It's too dangerous!" "You've heard what they said!" "Don't go Hanae-san!" shouts erupted. "Everyone! Calm down and listen to me please. I appreciate you all worrying about me but i have to do this. Help won't come on their own" i said before turning towards the kids.  "Lock the door and windows right after i go. Don't let anyone get in or out unless i come. I'm counting on you two to look after everyone" i smiled proudly before taking my sword and then headed out.

I managed to save a few people on the way and then took them to safety - a building. And while i was at it, i knocked the infected ones unconscious. I turned to the left street slowly but immediately stopped when i saw it filled with infected people. There's too many! How can i knock them all out without injuring them?! Deep breaths, Hanae, deep breaths. You can do it. There's an ally to your left, if things go south then hide inside it. Now go, slowly. One step at a- i was suddenly pulled by someone inside that alley. Is it the enemy?! Shit shit shit i jabbed it in the gut with my elbow and heard it fall down. I turned around and rose my sword to hit it before someone grabbed my arms tightly.

"It's us, Hanae!" Katsura's voice whispered into my ear causing me to stop. "What? How? Then who's-" the man who fell into the ground now stood up. "Gintoki?! Why didn't you speak up?!" i whispered angrily. "You jabbed me before i could you dumbass!" he held his side and rubbed it. "S-Sorry.. i thought it was the unibrows" i apologized before taking in the people around. "You kids are alright too. I was worried act-" my face was suddenly grabbed by Katsura and he scanned me with his eyes. "Um phoin" i said as both of his hands squished my cheeks before my eyes feel on his head. "How did you get injured?"

"Ahem. The Mayuzons did it" Katsura replied removing his hands from my face. Mayuzons.. ? Ohhh brow zombies! i nodded my head in understanding. "You liar" Shinpachi spat from behind him. Eh? "A-Anyways, let me treat it" i said before bandaging his wound with a piece of my clothing. "Thank you" he said smiling warmly at me. "Your happy face always pissed me off!" Gintoki shouted as he kicked Katsura from me. "Hey! I just bandaged it. The bleeding will start again!" i said shoving Gintoki away from Katsura. "Let me see" i pulled Katsura up and then held his head. "Ano.. "

"Sorry to disturb.. but we are surrounded by the Mayuzons" Shinpachi said out loud causing us all to look at the direction he pointed at. Indeed we were surrounded by them from both left and right. Hanae think think! There's 4 of them here. The building beside you isn't that high so you can- "i can jump there by carrying everyone at once" i mumbled. "Did you say something?" Gintoki asked as the 4 of them surrounded me. Wait, why the hell am i being surrounded?! "Everyone, grab onto m-" "Get inside, hurry!" a voice shouted as the window a bit above us opened. "Alright, go go go!" i said tossing everyone on the inside before getting myself in.

As Gintoki and Katsura pulled me in, one of the Mayuzons grabbed hold of my leg and their army pulled me towards them. "Hanae hold onto us! Don't leave my hand!" Katsura and Gintoki shouted as they pulled me with the help of others. "I really didn't wanna do this.. " i turned around to face the Mayuzons "I'm sorry" i said in a low voice before flinging my leg to the right with all my strength causing the Mayuzons to fall on the street like pebbles. "Now!" they pulled me up again and this time they were successful. "Ow.. what rock did i hit?" i said rubbing my nose before opening my eyes. "My chest" Gintoki's face came in the view causing my eyes to widen. "Are you alright? Let me see!" I was suddenly separated from Gintoki by Katsura who again examined my face. "Phew.. you're fine" he pulled me into his chest and hugged me tightly. "Yes, yes" i patted his shoulder as i hugged him back.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.