Episode 26 (Part 4)

"Hijikata-san, that's not a cigarette. Where did you even find it? Please pull yourself together" Shinpachi shook the man who lightened up a firecracker and placed it in his mouth. He ignored Shinpachi's words and kept on blabbering about how dangerous dojo sword fighting style was. Did the wound hit his head? Can he not see the cracker burning so brightly? Did my wound treatment made things worse for him? i thought looking at the duo while we waited for Kondo-san to come from the washroom. Huh.. leave it, Hanae. You can never guess what goes through a guy's mind i huffed in defeat and turned my head away from them.

I squinted my eyes at the view in front as i watched two figure walking. And they are heading towards us, shit. "Get up, get up. They're coming here" i said pointing towards Yagyu Kyubei and Toujou. "Shit, we're pulling back!" Hijikata whispered loudly before putting off the lightened cracker with his foot. Legend. "Let's go!" he then grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with him. Shinpachi carried Sougo and came after us. "Wait, wait! We have to let Kondo-san know" i said before peeking my head into the washroom. Of course there were bathroom stalls and i wasn't peeking into anyone's member. "He's not answering.." i said looking at Hijikata. "Maybe he already went" Shinpachi said. "That could also be true. Alright, let's get going!" Where's that stupid perm head when you need him?

"Wah she's gonna catch up to us!" Shinpachi said as we all were running. "Give him to me" i took Sougo from his shoulders making him feel lighter. "Toshirou, take him with you" i said looking at Shinpachi. "What? Why?" Shinpachi asked. "You're our leader. The game's over if you get taken out" Hijikata answered for me. "You guys.." Shinpachi's eyes welled before he wiped them and then ran away. "Now what do we do?" Hijikata asked me. "Hop into my back, I can escape from this" i said looking at him straight in the eye. "W-What? No! I'd never do that!" his instant rejection caused my eyes to go wide. "You both are talking to much!"

A sword came towards us causing Hijikata to stop it with his. "You're in the way, move" Yagyu Kyubei pressured him with his sword which Hijikata pushed back. "Hanae, go" he said looking at me. "What? How can i leave you like this? You're injured!" i said clenching his collar. "You can't fight him, rules are rules. Go now" "But-" i was silenced with his hand on my cheek. "Go" he pushed slightly onto my shoulder before turning his back on me. "Make sure you come back!"

It felt like I've been walking for hours as if I've been circling around the Yagyu resident but trust me when I say this, i didn't find a single soul. Neither the enemy nor our comrades. Where are they? Kondo-san, Gintoki? Are they pooping or something? i noticed a seating area which was actually a room and then went over there. "Rest time" i said as i laid Sougo on it and then sat myself. Why am i feeling so tired today..? It feels like if i shut my eyes for even a mere second, I'll.. fall.. asleep.. zzz.

Not even 2 minutes had passed when door next to our room was burst open. "The fuck?" i tilted my head to the side to see what was going on. T-Toshirou lost to this kid?! i gasped and immediately covered my mouth. But.. why are they here? Who's on the room next to us? "She'll be yours? Stop that nonsense" Hijikata interrupted Yagyu Kyubei as he was talking. "Hey, glass. It seems like we've been dealing with such a farce" Wait.. "This guy's a woman" I knew it! My instincts were never wrong!

Kyubei threw Hijikata's body on the side before she started talking about her past. My eyes met with Hijikata's since he was on the ground right in front of me. "Hey, tell me this" i grabbed him by the collar and pulled him on the tatami mat "Did you sword grow weak when you found out Kyubei's a girl?" i asked him still not leaving his collar. He avoided my gaze and didn't answer me. "Seriously?! How could you man!" i place my head on my hand as i sighed in frustration. "You'll train with me to get that thought outta your head when we get back" i pointed my finger at him. "Alright, but for now, let me rest. It's been a really long day" he said before resting his head on my lap. "Yeah, the mat is hard to sleep in. It's better to have a pillow" Sougo said doing the same. "You were awake?!" i gasped in surprise. "Been a while, was enjoying people carrying me" he smiled in satisfaction. Unbelievable..

"Stop that nonsense!" Shinpachi suddenly shouted and then charged at Kyubei. He swung his sword at her and pushed her to the edge. This caused her to climb onto the roof. But Shinpachi didn't give up and his anger pushed him out of his limit. Oh, isn't that- "A person who makes his love cry is not a man or a woman" another voice shouted along with Shinpachi "He's a dirt bag, you idiot!" both Shinpachi and Gintoki shouted in unision. Woah, nice words! But "Gintoki, you idiot! Where have you been all this time?!" i shouted. "I was in a war with myself. Almost die- WHAT'S THAT?! Get off of my woman's lap, you tax sucking insects!" Gintoki shouted. "Later~" the Shinsengumi duo replied and waved their hands in unision. "You know what, just forget about this and concentrate on the match"

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.