Episode 28 (Part 4)

I guess it's finally time. "Oi, wake up" i called out to the silver haired guy. Sougo's head whipped up at me and his eyes widened as he realized i wasn't asleep. Yet Gintoki didn't budge from him place. "This guy.." i flicked him on the forehead causing him to scrunch up his eyebrows and rub his forehead. "That hurts Hanae. I was having such a good nap" he got up from my lap and stretched his body. "W-What is this? Weren't you two-" "Yeah, we were asleep. Can't you tell by the look on our faces?" Gintoki said as he yawned uncontrollably. "Well then, why don't we go out there and do something to get rid of this drowsiness?" i said cracking my knuckles and then stretched my muscles. Sougo looked at us two in confusion. "After all, we lied to your sister and told her we were friends. So, we'll see this through to the end with you, Soichiro-kun" Gintoki said doing the same as me. Seriously? Soichiro-kun? "Danna, nee-san, black circles" Sougo pointed under his eyes. "Huh? I got beaten up by some thugs" i really didn't expect me and Gintoki would have the same excuse. The 3 of us looked at each other before we bursted out laughing.

Gintoki and Sougo took the scooter to go to the scene of crime whereas i jumped towards it. I couldn't waste any time since i had made a promise to Mitsuba. I left the Shinsengumi and the two behind as i increased my speed and hopped on faster. But there was no property damage. You could say i was hopping around like rabbits on the roofs with just the legs. I may not know the full story between you two Mitsuba, but I promise to take him back to you and make you two face each other with your true feelings. And before i knew it, i was already at the place. Oh there he is, at the jaws of death. "It's too early to die Toshirou!" i shouted knocking off the canons that the enemy had pointed towards him. "Who the hell is that?! Knock that beast down!" Kuraba Touma shouted pointing at me. "That's very rude!" i carried one of the large containers that was behind Hijikata and threw it towards them. That should do the work for now. "Come on" as i pulled him up by his hand, i felt him wobble on his feet. "What's- oh you're bleeding" i glanced at his feet before carrying him away from the scene.

"What are you doing here Hanae?! How did you-" "Sheesh, always doing things by yourself. What's the worst could have happened if you told us about it?" i bandaged the wound on his leg with a torn piece of my clothing "You really have wonderful comrades you know. It wouldn't hurt to depend on them once in a while" i smiled at the man who was staring down at me. "Does that mean the Shinsengumi is also here?" he asked. "Mmm they should be-" a loud explosion occurred "yeah, they're here now. Alright, now we need to find that bastard. He might be somewhere here trying to escape from this battle" i mumbled as i narrowed my eyes around the area. "Hanae-" "Oh found him. Let's finish things up quick, shall we?"i put out my hand in front of him which he took after sighing. "Are you in a hurry?" he asked as he hopped onto my back. "You could say. Now hold on tight, Toshirou" his arms wrapped around my shoulder tightly and then buried his face on my neck. "You're gonna make me blush if you do that" i teased as i took my position. "W-What do you-" "Off i go!" i shouted before running towards the moving car.

With the sword that Hijikata handed me, i jumped off the large container and landed on top of the car thrusting the sword inside the car roof. "My arm!" we heard Kuraba shout and then immediately a man popped his head out of the car window with a gun pointed towards us. Hijikata got off my back and hold onto the sword as i went forward to punch the guy out of the car. "Shake them up!" Kuraba shouted and the car moved in zigzag motion causing us to wobble a bit. Another guy popped his head out but before he could pull out his gun, his hair was grabbed by someone familiar and then thrown out of the car. "Where have you been all this time?!" i said to Gintoki who was just grinning at me like a fool. "I just went to buy some spicy rice crackers" he took out something from his sleeve and then threw it towards Hijikata "You deliver it to her" he stuck his wooden sword inside the tire causing the car to slow down "She'll probably be happier that way" he smiled at him before looking forward.

We both turned around and saw Sougo standing in a not so faraway distance. "Hanae, jump away from the car" Hijikata said. "Huh?" "Just do!" i flinched slightly at his loud voice before doing as he said. I landed on the roadside and watched Hijikata put his sword in the tire that was opposite to Gintoki's. This made the car to do a wheelie as it drove towards Sougo. And the final blow was given by him who sliced the car perfectly in half. Yep, no matter how much i like fighting, men fighting would always be my favourite.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.