Episode 33 (Part 1)

"Here you go, bento boxes" Otae chirped as she placed lunchboxes in front of us. "Sorry about this Otae. We really didn't want to barge in on a family outing" i said as i poured the drinks. We were all sitting in the park on mats because it was cherry blossom season. "Oh Hanae-san, it's alright. It wouldn't be any fun viewing the cherry blossoms with just the two of us. Right, Shin-chan?" she smiled at Shinpachi to which he smiled back. "When our father was still alive, the 3 of us used to party like crazy under the cherry trees. Now, eat up" Otae said and then all of us opened up the bento boxes. "Well then, I'll dig i- oH" i stopped on my tracks as i looked at the food inside.

"What the heck is this? A sculpture?" Gintoki asked intellectually putting his hand under his chin. "I'm sorry it's not much. I can only make omelettes" Otae smiled nervously. "This isn't an omelette, this is a burnt egg" Gintoki replied. "Whatever the state it is in, as long as the eggs are cooked, it's an omelette" "No, it's not. It's an innocent, abused egg" as both of them bickered back and forth, i stared at the so called omelette emotionlessly. If i knew beforehand, i wouldn't have let you guys die so brutally.. I'm sorry for the torture you all have been through after saying my final words to the poor eggs, i took a bite. Nope, not eating this. I'll die instantly i secretly spit out the eggs and threw it away within a millisecond.

"You're a man, so shut up and just EAT IT!" she shoved the burnt eggs inside Gintoki's mouth angrily. He looked at me and his eyes watered as he chewed on the food. Sorry, I'm very sorry.  I can't bear to see this. "If i don't eat this, I'll die. If i don't eat this, I'll die" Kagura chanted as she ate the eggs. Oh God, look at her face. Even Kagura who eats all types of food can't digest it! "Kagura-chan! You don't need to convince yourself to eat it!" Shinpachi tried moving the food away from his but she held back the box. "Don't eat it, your eyes will go bad like mine" he mumbled but it was enough for me to hear. Oh dear, what have they done to you Shinpachi?

"Byahahahahaha, you guys really are pitiful" a voice said out loud causing us all to look at its source. "I'll eat it. Just scope some into this Tupperware container" Kondo-san smiled gleefully at us. What the- "Why are you sitting here as if you're a regular customer, you GORILLA! What rock did you crawl out from under?!" Otae punched him at every word she spoke with every bit of her strength. "Whoa geez, is that stalker still after her? Bless him. Maybe she should talk to the town magistrate or something" Gintoki suggested sipping on his drink. "Yeah but there are some people whom you don't get rid off even if you do that" i replied sipping on my drink coolly. "What do you mean by that? Just what do you mean by that?!" Gintoki shouted at my face. "Nothing, why are you getting agitated? Do you have some worm inside your butt?" "Oh my God Hanae, day by day I'm getting more attracted to your words" Ugh.. not what i was expecting. "Sorry about that"

Another voice entered the scene and we all looked at its source. There he was, Hijikata Toshirou and the entire Shinsengumi. "Move out of our spot. That's a special spot the Shinsengumi uses for cherry blossom viewing every year" Hijikata glared at Gintoki. "What kind of excuse is that? Every spot is the same" Gintoki didn't budge at all. "It's not the same! The cherry blossom looks extra special from there. Right, guys?" he looked at his comrades for backing him up but all of them looked disinterested and said that they'd be fine as long as there's a place to sit. This caused Hijikata to freak out. "But if you wanted a seat, shouldn't you have someone to keep an eye on it?" And now he's punching Yamazaki. What a sight to the eyes.. "Anyways, thats the case. We use this spot every year so just move. We want everyone besides Otae-san and Hanae-chan to leave" Kondo-san rose from the dead. "We won't leave Hanae with beasts like you!" "Leave Hanae with us! She doesn't deserve to be with people like you!" And the fighting started.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.