Episode 28 (Part 2)

"I won't let you see that man" frustration built up in his voice as he spoke "This morning, he went to work without saying anything. He's a heartless guy" Sougo spat the words out before walking away. "I'm sorry for his behaviour" Mitsuba turned towards us and bowed slightly "It's my fault.. he lost his parents when he was little. I didn't want him to feel lonely so i spoiled him. He's selfish, stubborn and competitive which caused him to stay alone. If he hadn't met Kondo-san, i don't know how he would've been like now. I still worry if he's doing well. To speak the truth, you 2 are not his friends right?" her words widened my eyes a little.

"Is he doing well you ask? There's no way he is. He skips work and discovers his sadistic side. He gets in trouble and discovers his sadistic side. I'm not impressed with the kid. What kind of education did you give him to have him be a sadi-" "No more 's' word" i pinched Gintoki's hand causing him to jump a bit. "A-Anyways, he has to choose friends. If he hangs out with guys like me, nothing good will happen to him" he said before pulling on my hair to get rid of his embarrassment. "You're funny" Mitsuba chuckled as she looked at us. "No wonder he likes you. You're kind of like him" she said, her eyes set on a faraway place. "Who's this 'him' you keep talking about?" I asked her but we were suddenly interrupted by a loud honk.

"Hey, what are you guys doing here?" A familiar voice called out to us as he stepped out of the car. "This home is-" Hijikata stopped talking as he noticed Mitsuba causing his eyes to widen slightly. As his eyes fell on me it widened more. Umm..? "Toshirou-san.." Mitsuba gasped as she looked at him before breaking out into a coughing fit. "H-Hey, it will be fine. Deep breaths" i rubbed her back as her coughing decreased before she fell unconscious on me. I carried her inside of her fiance's house where a doctor was immediately called upon seeing us.

While she was being treated by the doctor, we were asked to sit on the neighbouring room. "Danna, nee-san, why were you two with Mitsuba-san?" Yamazaki asked breaking the ice. "It just happened to be that way. How come you're afro?" Gintoki answered before i could. "It just happened to be that way" he replied emotionlessly without looking at us in the eye. "Mmm but the guy over there doesn't look like he happened to be there" i pointed at Hijikata who was facing his back at us. "She fainted after she saw your face. Something must have happened between you guys" Gintoki said teasingly. "It's none of your business" Hijikata replied coolly. "Oh I'm so sorry. Saying something about the relationship between a man and a woman was not cool" Gintoki chuckled sarcastically. "Oh stop that Danna, he's more naive than he looks" Yamazaki joined Gintoki on the fun. Oh, he's gonna burst out.

"I'm telling you it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!" as Toshirou started shouting i held him back by his waist so that he doesn't lash out on those two "Why are you here anyway?!" he shouted at Gintoki. "C-Calm down, Toshirou. There's a sick person right next to us" i pleaded. He looked down at me since that was our position and then his face softened a little. "I-I'm sorry" he immediately moved my arms from his waist and crouched down to my level. "Is everything alright? You're awfully irritated today" i asked peering into his face. He looked taken back a bit before opening his mouth. "I-" the front door opened and in came a man.

"I'm sorry for not offering you anything" a man said as he walked towards me "I heard you carried Mitsuba into the house" he sat on his knees in front of me and bowed his head "Thank you very much for your help. My Mitsuba has caused trouble for you". I got flustered a bit at his sudden behaviour causing me to fumble on my words. "N-No p-please hold your head up sir. Mitsuba is such a caring person, it was actually nothing" i smiled at him. "You're very humble, miss..?" "Oh Hanae. Mitsuki Hanae" "Thank you again Mitsuki-san" he said before turning towards the men. "I do trading for business, Kuraba Touma from Tenkaiya. Since it's bad for her health, I've been telling her not to go out too much. Um.. those uniforms.. you two are Sougo-kun's friends right?" the man asked the Shinsengumi members. While Hijikata avoided to answer him and Yamazaki was about to open his mouth, someone else answered for them.

"No, they are not my friend" Sougo said out loud as he came into the room through the lawn. The boy walked over Hijikata and stared up at him. "Hi, Hijikata-san. How dare you come to see my sister?" he glared at the man, his voice consisted of venom. Nope, this isn't my place to interject. "It's not that Okita-san! We actually-" as Yamazaki walked upto him to explain the situation, he was kicked in the face by Hijikata Toshirou. I gasped and took hold of Gintoki's hand as i watched the scene in fright. Why..? Toshirou isn't like this. "Sorry to bother you" he replied to Sougo before grabbing Yamazaki. He turned his head towards me one last time before going out of the place, dragging Yamazaki behind him. Why do i feel like Toshirou and Mitsuba had something in the past? And about Sougo.. i can't seem to wrap my finger around it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.