Episode 30 (Part 1)

"Nee-san~" with sweetness in their voice, both Miriko and Kiriko put out their hands in front of me. "But it's right out of the oven. It's too hot-" the looks on their face didn't change at all causing me to sigh. "Alright then, you two are the first to taste. Let me know" i said before giving them each a piece of cookie. "Mmm tastes so freaking good!" Miriko chirped. "Hot! hot! hot! but yummm" Kiriko added. "Hehe, thanks" i ruffled their their hair "Well, is everything prepared?" i asked bringing out another tray. "Yes. All set" they replied in unision. "Okay, so all that is left is to pack these and then keep it in front of the counter. Let's work together and finish this as soon as possible so that we can open the restaurant soon. After all, it's Valentine's day"

Grateful for the idea that struck me last night, more number of people could eat at the restaurant today. There were seats outside with umbrellas on top providing as a roof for people as they sat there. When customers came to pay for their bills, i handed them each the packet full of cookies that i made. The restaurant was mostly filled with couples and men and the least was families. I guess it's the interior? "Thank you for coming, please come again" i smiled to the customers as i handed them the obligatory chocolates. Ahhh.. this batch and the one kept in the kitchen would last for like 3 more hours. I need to start making more soon. It's just afternoon but the sale's booming! The more time passed, the more customers came and the more we sold.

I don't think I'll be able to step out of the room for even a bathroom break.. and my coworkers, they are starting to get tired. I can feel it but they won't show it in their face. Should i have hired more? Areh? Did i make a miscalculation? As i was drowned in my own thoughts, i didn't realize two customers were standing in front of me. When one of them cleared his throat that's when i came back to reality. "Oh ah I'm really sorry, sir. Welco- oH! Toshirou and Sougo! Good to see you two back here" i smiled at them cheerfully. "Hanae-san, you look as beautiful as ever" Sougo locked his eyes with me and then kissed the top of my hand. "My, what an ikemen!" i touched my cheek at his gesture "Thank you dear. Here you go, you two" i said dropping two packets of cookies on their hands. "So these are the famous 'Hanae-love cookies'?" Sougo asked looking at the cutely wrapped packet. "What?" i stared at them dumbfounded. "Wha- you don't know? The people in the town are talking about it. Well, i heard it from my members actually" "Oh.." i didn't know what else to say.

"Did you.. actually make all these?" Hijikata looked at me in shock. "Yeah! Though i have to make more batches of these to last throughout the day" i said breathing out a sigh of exhaustion. "Are these just for the customers? Oh it's so fucking good" Sougo said biting into the cookies. "Yes. Well no. I did plan to give some to my friends as well. But as you can see, I've got no time to move out of here" i chuckled slightly. After a long pause, Hijikata called out my name. "I want ALL OF IT!" and boy was beaten horribly. It took me a while to separate them and eventually they all settled down. "Poor guy.. got beaten by my customers. I'm really sorry about this" i apologised while pressing ice packs on his face. "Yeah, he should have been killed" Sougo said munching harshly onto the cookies from his packet. "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO BEAT ME UP THE MOST! O-Ow" Hijikata exclaimed before wincing in pain. "You got what you deserved" Sougo commented before taking Hijikata's cookies. "Oi teme! Give it back!" they both bickered back and forth. "Alright stop it now. If you guys are done then go back to patrolling. I'll come by later at the headquarters with tons more" i said and both of them instantly got on their feet before bading farewell. N-Nice..

"FINALLY!" the 3 of us sprawled on the floor as soon as i turned around the open card. "Nee-san.. we.. we earned a fucking lot today, didn't we?" Miriko said tirelessly. "Language!" I exclaimed in an high pitched voice, shocked to see her use the word so freely. Well.. I'm the bad influence here.. ugh.. i sighed deeply. "Gomen gomen" she apologised with a smile. "Nee-san, you can go now and deliver those cookies to your friends. We'll clean up the shop for you" Kiriko said supporting herself on her elbows. "No I'll help you, you two should be tired by now-" "No nee-san. Did you forget? We are your sisters" both of them flexed their arms at me. "Ohh you two! I love you guys so much!" i hugged the two close to me. "And we love you more! Now go get freshed and then give them those tasty cookies". I did as they said and then stepped out of the door. "Oh i forgot to say one thing" my voice caught the twin's attention and they looked at me "there's more in the kitchen" as i smiled at the two, they smiled even bigger and brighter at me.