Serves You Right

Gintoki threw a party and we were all invited in it. "Suspicious. I'm betting he'll make others pay for the bill" Miriko said. "Me too" Kiriko said. "It will be a miracle if Gintoki paid for it whole" i chuckled before we three got inside the restaurant. There was people from Otose-san's bar, Odd Job's members, Otae and Kyubei, and lastly Hasegawa-san. I brought fine quality sake as a gift. "Drink! Drink!" Gintoki said before he started his drinking. I sighed in disappointment.0 We then ordered food. The long night just began.

Next Day

The door to my restaurant bursted open. "What the-" "HANAE! HANAE!" someone shouted my name continuously. "Stop shouting" i slapped the guy on the cheek. "Are you calm now?" i asked. Gintoki nodded his head meekly. "What's wrong? Why are you the way you are right now?" i looked at him in confusion. "Hanae.. i wanna know what happened last night. Could you please tell me about it?" he looked at me with puppy eyes. "Last night? Well.. as far as i remember- we all drank booze, of course the minors had juice, and then Kagura fell asleep so Shinpachi took her home. We then went to the next bar, ordered more food and booze. There, Katherine kneeled over so Tama carried her home. My kids were also feeling sleepy and since i had a lot of drink that night, i also decided to go home. I let you know, bade farewell to the ones left and then went home. That's all i know" i replied to his question.

"So i was left with O-Otose-san, Otae and Hasegawa-san?" "Yeah. Why are you calling Otose-san by her name? You never did that. You always called her 'granny' or 'old hag'" i crossed my arms. "N-Nothing! Just like this! No reason, at all!" he laughed hysterically. "Alright.." i narrowed my eyes at him which caused him to flinch slightly "Anyways, if you're done with asking may i go back to work?" he didn't reply, his grip on my wrist didn't loose. "What's wrong? Is everything alright?" i looked at him worriedly "Did you drink a lot yesterday? Did you do something?" i put my other hand on his arm. His eyes wavered as he stared at me. Finally he released my wrist and gave me a strained smile. "I'll have to go now. I'm sorry" and with that, he left. Phase 01, done.

"You saw him, heard him, right Zenzou-san?" i looked at the ceiling. "Please, drop the formalities. I feel old" he said before he landed on the floor. "Because you are old" i chuckled and then gave him a roll which had veggies, meat and sauce on the inside wrapped in bread. "Ooh food. I haven't had breakfast yet. Did you know?" he opened the packet. "No but i do know that you don't get the time to eat whenever you're at work" "Really? I just didn't expect you to remember" he laughed a bit. "Of course. I would remember stuffs about someone who has helped me a lot of times by giving me information" i grin. "That I am, that i do" he sighed before walking out of the restaurant. "Be careful and good luck!" i waved at him and he waved back.

Gintoki had a problem, a very big problem which had to be kept under control that is his drinking problem. Last night was worst of all. He created ruckus in every bar we went, broke things, persisted us to drink and didn't even pay one bit. Instead we had to pay for the food and drinks and repairs for the bars that he wrecked. He almost had his hands all over me in front of everyone causing me to punch him in the face. So it was high time we taught him a lesson. Everything was going according to plan. Zenzou kept on notifying me about what Gintoki was doing or saying. Gintoki did not visit me anymore. And the reason? I'm not sure. Is it guilt or embarrassment, i really don't know. Finally 7th came on the calendar, and it was the day everything was about to go down. I was at my restaurant serving the customers while the party was going on in the Greater Edo Planetarium.

Next Day

"You just promised to quit drinking, right?" "BAHAHAHHAHAHAH!" tears streamed down our face as we all watched the video. Yes, Zenzou being a dear he is, he fulfilled my unnecessary wish of filming the entire thing. Everyone gathered around my place after the closing hours and laughed their asses off seeing the video. "You've been punked! That face is priceless!" Shinpachi laughed uncontrollably. "This needed to be done. The idea was great, Hanae" Otose-san patted my back in satisfaction. "Yeah, there's good drinking and bad drinking. We should all be careful" Tsukuyo commented drinking the oolong tea i gave her instead of alcohol. "You're not one to talk!" Sarutobi snapped at her while chugging down her drink. We saved the video and thought of showing it to Gintoki every time he wanted to drink again. "I did most of the work. What do i get in return?" Zenzou turned towards me. "Free food whenever you come. Only for you though" i said sipping on the alcohol. "That's a fine gift I'd never refuse. Getting to eat your cooking is heaven in itself but for now, i just want one thing" his face became suddenly serious. "Replay the last scene again". We did and "BHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

After everyone went, i cleaned the place with the help of the twins before closing it. We three then went home, showered since we had dinner at the restaurant with others and then went to went. I got out of my bathroom and saw Gintoki lying on my bed. I almost attacked him thinking he was burglar. "So, you were the mastermind behind all this?" he asked sipping from the glass. An alcohol bottle was standing on top of the side table. "You're seriously drinking again? Weren't you gonna stop it?" i said wiping my hair. "Do you remember what happened on valentine's day?" "What happened on valentine's day?" i asked in confusion as i hung the towel on rope in the balcony. "This" goosebumps formed on my entire body as i heard his whisper from right beside my ear. Before i could turn around, i was carried on his shoulder and thrown on the bed. "Gintoki, stop. You're not in your right mind" i tried backing away. "Oh, no I very well am. I'm sober as fuck" he inched closer. "We did this on the valentine's" his lips met mine. I tried pushing him off of me but it was futile. He put all of his weight just to lay me down on the bed. Sudden fragments of memories clouded my mind. What's this..? Us kissing in front of the Odd Job's place..? Him carrying me to his bed..? And i wasn't even resisting..? That's when i realized, i have already made love to this man once. "Count today as the second time"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter!
Hope you enjoyed it!