Episode 31 (Part 1)

There was a new crave for gaming console named Bentendo Owee among the people of Edo starting from the youngsters to geezers. Though the twins never spoke about it to me, i noticed them gawking at the television whenever their advertisement came on. And since their birthday was around the clock ( 4 months left ) i thought why not? After arriving at Akihabara, the place where the gaming console would be sold, i saw a veeery big line towards the shop and trust me, I'm not even exaggerating. Argh it's too cold.. can people move already?! I rubbed my palms together to keep myself warm. Had i known this would be happening, i would have worn some warm clothes. As i shivered a little i noticed smoke coming from the front, like 7-8 people ahead. Is there a fire going on or something? i titled my head slightly to see what was happening.

What are these idiots doing?!? i mentally facepalmed myself seeing the whole Yorozuya group making food right in the middle of the line. My stomach grumbled slightly seeing the molten cheese and the juicy meat since i haven't eaten for quite a while. Hanae, don't torture yourself anymore. Just look away. As i forced myself to ignore the smell and turned my head, i heard people rushing. "Heh? What's happening?" People were not just rushing, they were rushing towards the food the Yorozuya left on the groun. Then where are those idiots? i looked around to see them running towards the empty space in front. OHHH! Would be a total waste if i don't use the opportunity! with that being said, i hurriedly passed the hoard of people and moved up like 20 positions.

Those people still haven't noticed people taking their line.. Why am i feeling guilty? as i was busy in my thoughts, two arms wrapped around my waist. Huh? "Nee-san!" Shinpachi's voice and "Oi Gin-chan, what the hell are you doing? Let go of my nee-chan" Kagura's voice came into view. "Yeah, seriously what are you doing?" i removed his hands before turning towards the kids. "Are you guys also buying for yourself?" i crouched down at Kagura's level and wiped her face with my sleep. "I wish. If only Gin-san paid us. But anyways, we are here to buy 5 Bentendo Owees for our customers" Shinpachi said. "5? Would it be alright? I heard that only the first 100 are only getting them" i said looking at Gintoki who was looking at me with a confused expression. "What?" "N-Nothing" he replied before turning away. Why's he acting weirdly? Nevertheless- "Seriously, the world's done for. Can't believe so many people are lined up for a kid's toy. I think i finally understand how Zura feels about destroying it all" Gintoki said as he smoothly intertwined his fingers with mine. "Seriously though, the hell's wrong with you?" i shook his hand off  "and if you're talking about Zura, you might wanna look ahead"

"Please, can you stop pulling the table? Elizabeth is still-" "Sir, please stop resisting" "Elizabeth hasn't fini-" "Sir, please move to the side and eat" "ELIZABETH HASN'T FINISHED EATING!" Katsura bursted out in anger making the staff in front to fall back. But he wasn't sitting still for long until the Yorozuya kicked him and his kotatsu off the line and moved forward. "Nice, we've gone up another 10 position or so" Shinpachi said looking forward. Gomen ne, Zura but you were taking up a lot of space. "How dare a warrior cut in line? Gintoki, how you have fallen" Katsura turned towards me and smiled "Oh Hanae love, you're perfect the way you are" he said ignoring the food pieces that has been falling off of his face and clothes. "Katsura, you might wanna change out of tho-" "How dare you call her 'baby'?!" Gintoki shouted at him and the two man began bickering. Oh God.. the kids and I stare at the two adults emotionlessly.

"But on a serious note, Katsura, how do you show up here without even a disguise?" i asked worriedly pushing the two man apart. "Ah, i see you're worried about me. I appreciate it, but it's alright. What policemen would be out here at this time of the night?" he laughed in confidence. "Ano.. I'm very sorry sir but you're creating inconvenience for the other customers" the 6 of us looked ahead and i swear i felt my eyes pop out. There was the 2 of the big 3 of Shinsengumi, one in the barrel full of hot water and the other washing his hair. "It's alright. We're gonna be done soon. Once Sougo's done with the bath, I'll go in" Kondo-san spoke as he applied shampoo on his hair. "No, sir you have to move away now" "Wait for a minute, I still haven't-" "Like i said sir, you're creating problems for the customers" "I SAID WAIT A MINUTE! I HAVEN'T WASHED MY BODY YET!" Hijikata flew from the other side and kicked the two from the path. "In any case, the country's done for" Kagura commented before hugging me. "Tch, i didn't imagine crossing paths with the Shinsengumi here" Katsura gritted through his teeth as he hid behind us. I chuckled slightly patting Kagura's head before looking forward. Hijikata's eyes feel on me and my eyes widened. "Shit, he noticed us! Katsura, go hide under the kotatsu now! He's coming here!" i whispered loudly pushing him towards the table heater.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.