The Students of the Beam Saber

"Welcome!" i greeted my customers in the usual cheerful tone. "Hanae-san! How are you?" "Ara, Otae? Been a while since you came here. I'm doing well as you can see. And you?" i smiled at her. "I'm doing great actually!" she was talking in a very cheerful voice, more than me. "Oh, right! I have brought someone for you to meet!" she clapped her hands together and then pointed behind her. "Um.. Gintoki?" i tilted my head in confusion. "Huh? No, not that useless. Mine and Shinpachi's cousine. Where is he?" she looked around the restaurant. "Hello, miss" someone called out to me from behind and then suddenly kissed the top of my hand. "Oh geez, ahahaha hello" i greeted the stranger in a formal tone. "Ah, there you are, Obi-one niisama!" Otae said and then introduced him to me. He was their cousin and from what i could see, Otae had a thing for him. "I see. Why don't you people enjoy yourselves? It's on the house" i smiled at the Shimura's. "YES!" "Not you" i held Gintoki's collar. They all laughed.

After like an hour or so, they all went back to their place. One thing which bothered me a bit was that the Obi-one guy kept on asking for gasoline instead of drinks. I didn't get it like was he kidding about it or drunk? They also tried recruiting me and the twins for their 'beam saber training' so i told them that I'll come over whenever i have time. Anways, i then cleaned up their table. After a while, something shocking reached my ears. "Hanae-san, hurry up put on the news channel!" one of my trusted customers came rushing to my restaurant. When i did as i told, my eyes widened.

"Planet beam, they've been known for developing interstellar wave beam cannons. Basically, no other planet could compete with them but a few days ago, Earth started a proposal to ban the manufacturing and exporting of beam cannons because of the dangers. And the proposal seems likely to pass. Those guys see that as a big thorn in their side. These people claims to be terrorists. We'll now show a footage sent by their leader" said the announcer before putting on another video. "It appears that you earthlings do not understand how beneficial lasers can be in daily life. So we've sent a wonderful present to help you understand. You have 24 hours until the beam cannon fires. If your decision comes too late, tomorrow will be remembered in the history of space as the day the Star Wars began. And the first act of war will be to reduce Earth, the catalyst, to space dust. It will be unwise to attempt to search this large planet for our present. There is an emergency system built in it. If you try anything funny, this planet will be destroyed before the beam cannon ever flies" said the disgusting looking creature.

It was a shock, a big shock. Why would something like this happen at this time of the year. A lot of thoughts ran around my head but i didn't know what to do. "Neesan!" the twins held me tightly as they were trembling. "Oh!" i hugged them back and instantly my eyes began getting watery. I have people to protect, my town protect, the Earth to save. I need to meet up with them. The restaurant was temporarily closed because after the broadcast, all of the customers rushed home. "Neesan, what do we do?" the twins asked me. "You guys stay home. Neesan will figure something out, alright?" i patted their heads. They nodded at me. After i took them home, i wore my sword on my waist and then set out.

As i was walking around the streets to look for Gintoki, i noticed him coming towards me. "Gin-" "Listen. I need your help now" he completely shut me off and then told me about his plan. He planned to take care of Obi-one guy himself because he was the 'present', i thought too. And i had to stay with Otae and Shinpachi to protect them from the outsiders caz apparently they got a whiff that Obi-one is the one. His hands were trembling in mine and i could feel he was thinking of bringing Obi-one back for the Shimuras. "Hey!" i slapped his cheeks with both my hands and brought his face close to mine. "Whatever you do, I'm with you. Don't worry" i looked at him straight in the eye. "Hanae.." he mumbled before leaning in. A soft, bit long, kiss he gave me before going away. Geez, that guy! He took me by surprise!

I hurriedly rushed Otae's house and saw a large crowd blocking the entrance. "Excuse me, coming through!" no one budged. Alright, then we'll play it the hard way. I jumped over all of them and landed on front of the dojo. To my surprise, there was the Shinsengumi and the Yagyu Clan already present. "Hanae-san! Neesan!" Otae, Shinpachi and Kagura engulfed me in a hug. "Oh dear, God. Are you 3 alright? I was scared to my bones that something might have happened to you guys" i hugged them back. "Neesan.. Gin-san.. Gin-san.." the Shimuras weeped. "I know, i know" i patted their head. "I told him a lot of awful stuffs! What if that's the last thing i ever said to him?!" Shinpachi weeped. "Don't worry. That idiot won't die. He has a silver soul, you know" i chuckled.

"We're gonna go to him. We won't let him do it all by himself. That man never thinks about himself!" Shinpachi was now frustrated. "You won't stop me, right neesan?" he looked at me. "Well.. i am told to take care of you guys so you can't leave my sight" Shimura's facial expressions became sad "So I'll accompany you" they both then hugged me again. And then they started walking through the back door. "The two admirers have gone to space and the idiot went to stop the cyborg. I feel so useless this time" i sighed. "No, you're as important as everyone" Hijikata patted my head. "Toshirou.." i stared at him. The Shinsengumi went to space along with the Yagyu and i went towards the place where Gintoki was supposed to be. Suddenly, i saw a bright red beam coming out from a building. This caused me to increase my pace.

When i arrived at the bottom of the building, i heard loud footsteps and soon saw the entire group. Otae and Shinpachi was crying and Kagura was supporting the wounded Gintoki. They saw me and then the Shimuras came to my arms sobbing. Of course, this is a difficult time for them. Knowing someone your entire life and then suddenly, knowing nothing about them. What would i do in that situation? I'd probably be devastated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter!
Hope you enjoyed it!