Episode 32 (Part 3)

As Gintoki explained the situation to Kondo-san, i looked around in case for enemies. "I'll give you all of my savings.. but Yorozuya, i have a request for you. Take Toshi and run away. It's my fault this happened" Kondo-san broke down as he apologized to Hijikata. "Tell all the cars to immediately leave the battle front. Kondo Issao has died in battle. I don't want my friends to fight each other anymore" he weeped. Even though he's the commander, he looks so helpless..

"Ah ah" a voice boomed through the speakers causing us all to look behind me. "Gentleman of Yamato, our chief- Kondo Issao has been safely rescued. Victory is now within our gasp. Those who smeared mud on our commander's face and repaid his kindness with evil, i daresay, they are all SCUM! Now it is time to punish them in the name of the moon!" Toshi spoke. "Who's that! Who's making that silly speech?!" someone shouted through the receiver. "Who am i? I'm Shinsengumi's vice chief- Hijikata Toshirou nari!!!" with that he slammed the microphone back into it's place. Damn!

"Kondo-shi" Toshi started speaking "We shall protect your life. In return, you have an obligation to fulfill- to not die. No matter how humiliating it may be, no matter how many squad members die before your eyes, you must LIVE! As long as you're here, the Shinsengumi is not finished. We joined the Shinsengumi because-" There's a change in his tone, i repeat, there's a change in his tone!!! "We wanted to be with you! You're an idiot. Don't think about such difficult things. You should live the way you want to" Hijikata flicked his lighter open and brought it close to his mouth "We just have to protect you from everyone, Kondo-san" he lightened up his cigar "You're the soul of Shinsengumi. We are the sword that protects you" with sharp piercing eyes, he looked at Kondo-san.

"You broke once before, what can you protect?" an unknown voice spoke causing us all to look back. Two men riding in a motorcycle on the railway as it sped up to us. "Hijikata-kun, it seems we have to settle things between us" the man who was wearing the Shinsengumi uniform spoke. That must be the Ito guy. But the one sitting in front, why does he look so familiar? i stared at the shade wearing guy. "I have a sword right here, one that cuts very well" saying that Hijikata punched the back glass of the car and stood up. "Yorozuya! I heard your rotten-sermon!" "What do you mean?" Gintoki asked coolly. "Don't talk as if you're so high and mighty" he shouted as he tried to bring out the sword from the scabbard. "Draw it already~" Gintoki's words made me chuckle. "Shut up! I have one thing to say to you people. Thank you" "Hey, hey. It looks like the demonic sword devoured him again. Toshi? Is that Toshi?" Gintoki commented but i could see the corner of his lips rising. "I am.. Shinsengumi's vice chief.. HIJIKATA TOSHIROU!!!"

He broke the curse with his own willpower! Dope i smiled at the man as he held his sword against Ito. The car suddenly buckled causing Gintoki to fall on top of me. "Ow! What hap- no nO NO!" as he looked behind to see what i was shouting about, Kondo-san's ass came towards him causing him to push Gintoki against me. I closed my eyes instantly but it didn't hurt as much as i thought it would. I opened one of my eyes to see Gintoki's chest on top of me as he held the top of the seats. "Are you alright?" he asked ducking his head at me. "Y-Yeah.. thanks. What about you?" "I guess i had a soft landing" his smirk said it all. "THE HANDLE!" Shinpachi freaked out and i titled my head to see what happened.

Shit, he's gonna be squashed! "I-I'm coming Toshirou wait!" i said as i tried to move away from the two men. "Kondo-san, please hurry up and get over here. I worked a bit too much" "Oh God, you're bleeding a lot Sougo!" i gasped at the teenager seeing his wounds. "Heh, this is nothing. I could go all night for you" he said while squeezing his arm. "Are you telling me to leave Toshi here and escape by myself?" Kondo-san walked over towards Sougo who was on the train behind us. "Stop wasting time and GO!" Gintoki shouted. "The fuck?! Why are you so naturally using someone as a bridge?!" Hijikata shouted looking at the man who was standing on him. "Alright don't waste time and go. I'll see this" i said hurriedly ushering Kondo-san inside the train.

The same motorbike from before came and threw Gintoki off the car causing him to fall down the hill. "Gin-san!" they shouted. "He'll be fine but the problem at hand is much worse. Get back to the train, HURRY!" I shouted shoving Shinpachi and Kagura inside the train. "Give me your hand!" i said holding onto the railing. "If i move even one millimetre, i feel like I'll be crushed to death!" "Trust me and jump!" i went to the edge of the train as far as i could. "I.. here i g- AHHH PULL ME PULL ME PULL ME!" "URUSAI!" i pulled the man up inside with me. The police car was smashed to pieces by both the trains. "I.. I never thought.. a landing would be so soft" Hijikata said in between breaths as he looked down at me. He was currently pressed against me very tightly. "Why are you red?" he titled his head at me. Dumbfuck. "Why aren't you?!" he looked at me in shock before realizing our position. "S-Sorry, are you alright?" he asked pulling me up with him. "Yeah.. you have an audience behind you" i said pointed behind him. Ito was on the opposite train as he faced us. "ITO!!!" Hijikata shouted as he dashed towards the man.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.