Episode 26 (Part 1)

Early in the morning, why is this happening?! What does she mean by goodbye? Anyways i NEED to find answers! "GINTOKI!" I shouted opening the door since no one was opening it when i rang the bell. "I-I don't have rent right now but i promise I'll give it to you tomorrow!" a scaredy cat shouted and i followed the voice to see Gintoki and Kagura hiding behind the couch. "No you idiot. Where's Shinpachi?" i asked. "Ohh, it's you Hanae. Phew, you scared me there. Knock like a lady please" he said sitting comfortably on the couch. "Where's Shin-chan?" i asked again, this time sitting beside him. "That boy isn't here. He's got balls skipping out on work. Maybe I'll fire him" he replied continuing his match of gomoku with Kagura.

"Oh please, you don't even pay them properly. You don't have the right to fire them. Anyways" i changed the topic as soon as i noticed Gintoki was about to argue "I found this on my door way. I was on my way to the restaurant actually but then i sent the twins to take care of it" i said taking out the letter from my sleeve. "What bothers me is the way how she wrote the letter. And she ended with a goodbye. 'Goodbye'?! Otae never says that.  It's either 'see you soon' or 'see you later'" i noticed Gintoki giving me a questioning look "No, I'm not here to rant, stupid. Let me finish. So the reason why i came here was for Shinpachi. I went to there house and there was no one. It was fully locked. And now i hear this. Can you tell me what happened?"

And that's when Gintoki told me the whole story about what happened yesterday. I listened quietly as he spoke with various thoughts running through my head. After he finished, he put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it. "Gintoki, I.. I should be really happy after hearing this but.. i don't know why.. the letter seemed to sad and depressing.. I can't. I feel like she's hiding something from us. I don't know what to do" my voice broke as i put back the letter inside my kimono. "Break time" Gintoki said to Kagura getting up and then sat on the chair behind his desk. "Neither do i, Hanae. But it was her choice to go" he said leaning back on the chair. I breathed out the air i was holding and looked at the game they both were playing. That idiot can't even play gomoku..

I think i know what to do now.. my head is very clear, thanks to Gintoki. He doesn't have to do, I'll do what i can by myself. And i have a feeling that i might meet Pachi-boy there "I'll go now, I've got customers coming" I said standing up. As i was about to leave the room, a hand grabbed on my wrist. "Gintoki?" i asked tilting my head in confusion. "Don't be reckless" his fingers intertwined with mine like a lock and key. My other hand was also grabbed which i thought was Gintoki's doing but i felt the fingers were too small. "Nee-san, we're together in this" Kagura smiled at me. Aww you two, I'm gonna burst out crying "Alright, let's go!" i pulled them as i walked out of the house. "Hey" a voice called out to us causing us to look down. Those two.. the fact that they're not wearing uniform means..

Some time later

"Ruffians! Get them! There's only 2 of them! Surround and finish them!" a man shouted causing the others to attack Kondo-san and Shinpachi. "Not just two" i said kicking the 3 samurais who were in front of me. "W-Who are you?" one of them cowered in fear in front of me. "Shinpachi, starting today, we're your students too!" Gintoki said out loud as the 5 of us removed our straw hats. "Gin-san! Kagura-chan! Nee-san! Hijikata-san! Sougo-san!" Shinpachi exclaimed as he saw us. "Shinpachi, I've prepared some lecture for you. Let's go through it after we're done with this, okay?" i smiled at him while cracking my knuckles. The sight caused him to shiver. "Same here, Kondo-san" Hijikata's deadly glare caused him to flinch. "Man, I'm hungry. Let's finish this quickly"

Are they really samurais from Yagyu clan? They are all as feeble as a stick. I can literally heard them breaking i thought as i knocked them unconscious. As i walked towards the other samurais, they all ran in fear as soon as they saw me. That hurts.. "Shinpachi! Why didn't you tell us you were planning on doing this?!" Gintoki shouted as he thrashed the samurai in front of him. "Gin-san, i don't care if people say I have a sister complex anymore. I love my older sister. I don't want to be separated from her. If i can, I'd like to be with her forever. But.. if my sister falls in love, from the bottom of her heart, even if that's a broke, shady guy or a gorilla, her stalker or even if it's a mayonnaise lover or a sadist, if my sister is happy, I'm prepared to see her off even if i have to do it with tears in my eyes. But.. i absolutely refuse to see my sister off if she has tears in her own eyes. I always want her to be smiling"

He broke down as he talked about his sister and buried his face into my chest as he cried his heart out. "There, there" i patted his head softly "Don't worry, we are all here for that" i whispered softly. "Hanae-san, I'll also cry now. Please take me in your arms" Sougo said holding his arms wide as he jogged towards me. "Sougo teme!" Hijikata held him back which caused me and Shinpachi to chuckle. I looked at Gintoki and found him staring at us affectionately. But Gintoki, what if she truly loves him? What if we're all mistaken and treated as the bad guys? i questioned him through my eyes. He smiled at me as he shook his head. And knowing him, i already knew the answer. We're used to being the bad guys, stopping people from doing what they want.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.