Episode 26 (Part 5)

"The old guy's good" Hijikata commented. "Yeah, makes me wanna fight him" Sougo added. Ya know boys, my lap ain't a place for you to nap and gossip. We were currently observing the match between Gintoki and an old guy and Shinpachi and Kyubei. "No more disgracing of the Yagyu family! Get them!" a short heightened man shouted causing a large number of samurais from the Yagyu clan attack the two battles. They still had so much.. where do they get all men? "Sougo, had enough sleep?" Hijikata asked. "Yeah, pretty much. What about you Hijikata-san?" he asked cracking his knuckles. "Same here. Let's get going" and they both went to join the fight. "Stay inside" i grabbed Otae by her arm and pulled her inside. "Hanae-san, I.." her eyes welled with water. "We'll talk about it later, alright?" i patted her head before walking away.

This should be fun i stretched my body Haven't fought since the game started i let you a deep breath before "Entertain me boys!" i shouted running towards the flock of enemies. Some of them mustered the courage to fight me, some gave up halfway and some ran back inside the house in fear. "Oih, where you off to? Don't leave na" i said to someone who just left while kicking the one at hand. "M-M-MONSTER!" one of them screamed at me. "You don't sound like a man at all" i looked at him in disappointment before flicking his forehead with slight strength causing him to tumble away. As i was too busy in my own fight, i didn't realise Shinpachi was thrown inside a house. After I was done with the samurais in my area that's when I took notice of it.

I whipped my towards the place where Gintoki and Shinpachi was initially fighting those two. Shi- Gintoki's beaten up bad. I need to- just when i started running towards him to help i noticed something missing. Areh? Where's his sword? He's not the one to let his sword go, even if the world falls apart. Kyubei passed me as she went towards the room Shinpachi was thrown into. I halted on my tracks and turned back. Mmm.. seems like his sword was given to someone else and right at that moment Kyubei was thrown out of the room. Shinpachi came out of the room and pushed his glasses up his nose. Ohh, no wonder he seemed different. Noice "Looking cool, Shinpachi!" i gave him a thumbs up. "N-Nee-san.." he fumbled with his fingers. "Now's not the time to be embarrassed, boke!" Gintoki shouted from behind me. Oh yeah, the fight has just begun.

As Shinpachi and Kyubei fought with each other, Gintoki and the old man backed those two. I watched the fight in awe as it was taking place high up in the sky. Nostalgic feelings flooded back into my memories as i watched Gintoki fight. "Shiro Yasha.." i mumbled those words as i stared at him. "What?" a samurai asked me in confusion. "What what? Go back to your work!" i scolded him and he immediately went to fight again. Seems like he came here for a breather. And the fight was soon over after the old man said out the words "I lost". "We won!"

"You did well" i said bandaging Gintoki's injury. "I made sure your eyes didn't leave me" he grinned at me causing me to blush slightly. "Oh hush" i chuckled before helping him to stand up. "Dammit, what're you doing?!" the short man from before shouted. "The outcome of the match hasn't mattered from the start!" jf i recall, this should be Kyubei's father.. "Hurry up and defeat the enemy!" he shouted. "Koshinori!" woah that's the first time I've heard the old man shout "Give it up already. We lost. Pull back. This is what Kyuubei promised. Give back Otae without a fuss"

Otae walked towards me and Gintoki and apologized bowing her head. "There's no need for you, or for anyone to apologise. Everyone just tried to protect which was special to them" i smiled at her. Tears slipped through her eyes causing me to pull on her head slightly and rest it on my chest. She wrapped her arms around me and weeped uncontrollably. Gintoki looked at me with a smile and then patted her head. "There, there" i patted her head gently as well "We'll give you two some space" i said before taking Gintoki along with me. Right when we were about to take a turn, I turned back to see Otae put Kyubei's head on her lap which caused me to smile warmly at them. "Don't tell me you enjoy that" Gintoki grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I blinked a couple of times at his question, not believing he just said that before sighing in disappointment. "Hey, tell me! My pokochin is on the line!"

------------------------------------------------------------------

To be continued.