CHAPTER 6- Ideas

MICHAEL

I'm struggling to have a good night's sleep, still ecstatic about the piece of land I bought and probably one of my biggest investments after acquiring The Beatles catalog. Funny how I knew that land from Paul himself. If we didn't film his short film on that property, I would've bought a different land by now.

I have a lot of great ideas for the property. I want to include a very nice amusement park for when the kids decide to visit. I can now have my own dance and recording studio, and probably a cinema. I can do and build so many new things on this land. I have tons of ideas that I barely got any sleep.

I asked my lawyer to find me a designer immediately because I can become forgetful at times and I tend to forget these kinds of ideas that I'm not familiar with before I put them on paper. It's a different process from my music of course.

Coincidentally, my producer and my good friend Quincy is in the process of building their own home with Peggy. My lawyer was a good friend of The Jones' and they recommended their designer to me. I asked for some samples to see and it's enough for me to get their designer as my designer too. I'm pretty private about things like this, especially when someone who's going to design my own home. Finding a designer and a firm with a low profile is really a good strategy if I want my home to be built out of the eyes of the public.

Since I can't sleep, I went down to the recording studio to ease my insomnia. I feel safer around the walls of the studio and my mind can drift off to places no one else can see but me. I opened the door to the studio, closing it quietly, and sat on the leather chair behind the controls. I still have a show scheduled for the next two weeks and a tour for another six months. Lucky for me they gave me two weeks off and this gave me an opportunity to finalize everything that has to do with the property to get one thing done before I go back.

I suddenly got a random beat in my head. I bopped my head to the sound and started beatboxing the notes. I quickly turned on the microphone and press record on the controls and entered the booth. I started humming what I hear and sang random lyrics that I somehow think would fit. I was hearing car doors slamming, screeches of tires, and a honk of a car. The lyrics and beat don't make sense now but this will definitely be a different feel if I include this in my next album. I just had that kind of feeling.

I spent a good hour trying to record everything that I hear and exited the booth. I ended the record button and glanced at the time. It was already 3 am. I suddenly got tired and decided to try and sleep, hopefully.

I walked out of the studio, still quietly doing so, and stumbled in front of my bedroom door. I unlocked it and jumped on my bed, trying at least to drift in slumber.

---

I asked my lawyer if it's possible to arrange an early meeting with the designer because I have a meeting and a wardrobe fitting later today. Good thing that the designer agreed. I heard a lot of good things about this person and I was impressed by the output. The owner of the firm was kind enough to give me a copy of the designer's portfolio to see if I'll like something and I was delighted by what I saw.

I got dressed with a simple red long sleeve button up with black pants and my usual loafers. I did cover up my face with a little make-up and a heavy concealer for some spots. I decided to tie my hair to get it out of my face. Bill, the head of my security and my very close friend, knocked on my door to ask if I was ready.

"Just a minute Bill I'm gonna grab my fedora and shades real quick" I sprinted toward the clothes rack where my hat was hanging and quickly grabbed it. I also grabbed a pack of gum with the shades resting on my desk and pushed it inside my pocket. I opened the door and Bill was standing there, waiting for me patiently.