CHAPTER 33- In the Dark

MICHAEL

I arrived at Hayvenhurst a couple of hours ago from a stressful two weeks of the tour. I requested Frank to clear my schedule for this week just for Quincy and Peggy's party since I am certain that Mia will be there. I terribly miss her and two weeks without seeing her or hearing her voice is already agony to me.

Brooke also tried to contact me to apologize and explain herself but I didn't let her since I did not have the time or patience to hear whatever she had to say. Getting stress from all the touring is already enough clutter in my head and I do not want another one. I still have my respect for her but if she crosses the line this time and if Mia gets hurt, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Nobody knew that I came home, only Janet and mother since they're the ones waiting for me. I secretly left the hotel I'm staying at yesterday so no press caught me leaving. They're probably still waiting at the front of the hotel.

It's a good thing Frank allowed me to take this week off. I wasn't really myself since the day I needed to leave because there have been so many questions running through my head. I needed this break in order to answer them all.

As I'm taking off my shoes, there was a soft knock on the door.

"May I come in?" Janet peeped through the door.

"Of course, come in Dunk," I invited her in as I took off my other shoe.

"How have you been?" she asked me as she sat beside me on the bed.

"I've been the same as always," I forcefully smiled.

"Mike, don't try and lie to me. I know you till your last hair strand and I already know that you're not okay," she nagged.

"Alright fine, I am not okay," I told her without defiance. "I just really miss her," I heavily sighed.

She dramatically gasped, "Did you not miss your gorgeous little sister?"

"Of course I did, you silly. I just miss her a bit extra," I confessed shamelessly.

"Of course you did. I mean I can't blame you, I miss her, too, even though I just met her once," she freely said. "The only thing closest to having contact with her is her best friend, Jazmine. You remember her right?"

"Yeah, I know her 'cause I've been in contact with her too," I answered.

"Really? Why?" she questioned.

"I've been asking for her help to get to Mia somehow. You know how hectic touring can be," I responded. "Wait, why are you in contact with her?" I ask her the same question.

"Don't you remember, she's the one doing the interiors in my apartment in LA?"

"Oh yeah right, I almost forgot that," I replied.

"Well, I'll leave you so you can rest," she stood up and walked towards the door when I stopped her.

"Hey, are you coming to the party later?"

"Quincy and Peggy's wedding anniversary? Yeah, they sent me an invite but I'm still not sure if I want to go. I just might get bored,"

"Well, Jazmine might be there so you have someone to interact with, you know," I suggested.

"I'll think about it. But I'm sure you're gonna go, right?" she raised her brows at me.

"Of course, that's why I came home,"

"Not for Q and P, though," she muttered under her breath but I heard it loud and clear.

"What did you say?"