CHAPTER 41- Memory

AMELIA

"I'm actually hurt that you're playing a Bee Gees vinyl instead of mine," my heart stopped for a second when I hear his voice unexpectedly.

I quickly turned around and faced the man who came uninvited. "Michael? What are you doing here? I thought you're still in L.A?" I asked with the pan and wooden spatula still on my hands.

"I came here as soon as my show and business meetings were done," he came closer and grabbed the items on my hands and settled them on the range.

"Don't you have a Bad record? Or Thriller at least?" he playfully acted hurt and clenched his chest. I lightly slapped his arm jokingly.

"Ow! That hurt! Don't worry I'll give you both records for Christmas," he said and my jaw hanged.
"I'm kidding, I'm kidding," his laugh filled the entire kitchen that made me twitch in a smile.

"How did you know where I live?" I laughed and seriously asked him a question.

"I asked Jazmine your address,"

"Give me a mental note to tell Jaz not to give my address to random people," he decided to sass me and put his left hand on his hip and his other hand on the counter.

"So I'm just a random person to you?" he raised his brow on me.

"I'm just joking," I wrapped my arms around his waist but he didn't move. Maybe he can't stand to notice me so he eventually gave in and wrapped his arms around me.

"I've been miserable for a week without you, Mia," he whispered and kissed my temple.

"I missed you, too, Michael," I replied. I tried to pull away from the hug but he pulled me back in. "Not yet, just a little longer," and we stayed in that position for another minute.

"The food is going to get cold," I told him and I forcefully broke away from his tight embrace. He whined like a child but I just rolled my eyes at him and made him do tasks.

"Be a darling and put this on the dinner table, will you?" I batted my eyelashes at him which he couldn't resist and took the serving dish with great annoyance that made me laugh.

"I'm an eight-time Grammy awardee and you're making me do chores?" he uttered under his breath that I heard loud and clear.

"Well if you don't want to have dinner then you're free to leave," I playfully scolded him as I tried to take back the serving dish he's holding.

"I'm obviously kidding," he laughed, "I'm also very much starving so I'll gladly put this at the dinner table," he kissed my cheek and vanished from my sight within a second.

We spent the night with joyous laughter as my mother get to know Michael more. She's aware of his status and the gravity his last name holds but I'm thankful that he treated him like a regular guy that I'm dating.

As I see my mother having the time of her life with everybody laughing and smiling at each other, it puts a loving sense of comfort that I have this family I can share with for the rest of my life. That I can go to a home that's full of constant love and care.

Even if the memory of that dreadful night persists in my mind, I try to dismiss it as much as possible, even if I can still feel his grasp on my arms. Michael's touch is the only thing that keeps me from losing my mind. I haven't heard anything from that bastard, but I have a feeling Michael knows something I don't.