CHAPTER 19- Unrestricted

AMELIA

"You're staying here?" I stared at him wide-eyed.

"Well, I was hoping you'd let me. I can't eat all of these alone" he backed up and let my hand go, walking towards the table where he settled the bags of food he bought.

As he came closer, I can already smell the eleven herbs and spices oozing out of the bag. It made my mouth water but I try my best to keep calm. My starving stomach made a rumbling noise as I got a whiff of that precious food. I really want to turn down his offer but I can't turn down good food. So much for healthy eating.

"Where can we eat this? Surely you don't want these near those," he pointed at the plans that I'm currently working on.

"We can eat those at the break room," I pointed and walked towards the door to guide him. I feel so stupid for being in this predicament; being with someone I try to avoid because I can't turn down food. The hypocrisy.

We arrived at the break room and I directly sat down at the chair trying to be quiet. He started to get the contents out of the bag when he noticed my silence.

"Mia, seriously are you okay?" Really? Is he really asking me that now? His presence is enough to make me panic and lose my trail of thoughts and has the audacity to ask that? Can't he get a hint?

I cleared my throat before speaking.

"Uhm-of course. Why wouldn't I be, Mr. Jack-" I paused as he fixed his eyes in an intense gaze. I know calling him formally will piss him off, I just didn't know how much.

Even if it's hard for me to do, if I want to keep my job and this project, what the client wants, I provide.

"Michael. I'm okay" Just speaking his name brought butterflies in my stomach, combined with his close proximity. His frown turned into a beautiful smile and continued taking out the contents of the bag.

"Would you like me to get plates and utensils?" I asked him and stand up from the chair.

"Just plates" He muttered. I looked at him confusingly.

"What? It's not finger-lickin' good for nothing," He said and chuckled. I turned around and walk towards the cabinets for the plates as I laughed quietly at his remark.

I returned with two plates and some napkins just in case the ones that come with the meal are not enough.

He set the table with a plethora of food. I'm shocked because it is definitely too much for two people.

"Why did you order so much?" I asked.

"I didn't know what you would like so ordered most of them," I blushed at the thought of him thinking about me while ordering tons of food. This involuntary action made my face red and I turned away for a second to calm down. Why can't I act normal around him? His simplest gestures are becoming extraordinary in my eyes.

I motioned him to sit down and I also did. I don't know where to start because everything looks amazing. As I'm scanning on what to pick, a drumstick was already in front of me. I look at Michael and his eyes tell me to take it already as he was already munching on one. I took it out of his hands and said thanks.

"Why KFC?" I asked and took a bite.

"I really love their chicken. It's the only fast food I eat." He explained while he chews on the drumstick. I just hummed in response as I continue eating.

"Do you like KFC too?" He followed.

"Of course. Only a dumb person will turn down KFC," I laughed a little. A little silence fell upon the room and decided to break the ice.