CHAPTER 18- Foreign Feeling

MICHAEL

We left at the arena happily, and I can tell that Mia liked my performance that night. Everyone was ecstatic about another successful show and I've never been more proud of my team. I didn't even mind some mishaps that happened, like when I missed my cue on Billie Jean. All that was important to me is that I'm happy doing what I do and I know that my fans will understand. Might've added to that fact was Mia's presence.

Mia and I rode the same car back to the hotel. Even though she's just arm's length, I can feel that she's being distant and I can't fully understand why. I just let her be because I don't want to annoy her further. Surely enough, I think I was right. There's something troubling her as I read her note that she left me near my hotel door.

I'm sorry I have to leave abruptly. Duty calls back home. I loved your performance you're amazing.

I left the plans with Steven, he'll give them to you in the morning. I'll give updates on your home as soon as I can. Take care.

-Ms. Johnson

Something is not sitting right with me, and I know so because she always calls my first name so casually ever since I corrected her. When she called "Mr. Jackson" at the rehearsal, together with her long face and her cold demeanor, I felt like I have done something wrong.

I pondered these things as I wait for Quincy to finish her phone call with Peggy, his wife. I sat quietly on his sofa as he talks to his wife by the window. If she's that cold and distant to me, which she doesn't do, then I might've done something to make her feel that way. And now she wants me to call her Ms. Johnson?

I heard him finish his phone call and return to the spot on the sofa he sat on earlier.

"What's with the long face, Smelly?" He curiously asks and drapes his arm on the armrests.

"Nothing much, Q," I shake my head.

"You're awfully quiet Mike. What happened?" I contemplated whether or not I should tell him what's bothering me.

"Is it the same issue with Brooke?" he continued to ask.

"No, no. Not her," I replied.

"Not her. Hmm. You mean someone else?" I nodded.

"Yeah, my architect, actually,"

"Who? Amelia?" I nodded again and he chuckled.

"What are you laughing at, Q?" I look at him with a confused face.

"You never let other women bother you other than Brooke. I'm just surprised," He continued to smile at me.

"I just don't understand why she became distant all of a sudden. We were okay the day before and we're having fun talking about the plans and all that stuff. I just-" I deeply sighed.

"We'll never get to understand the way they think. Maybe try confronting her, it may work. She's at our property now doing a site visit but Peggy said she's got a lot on her plate right now." I just hummed in response and thought about what Quincy had said and try at least to talk to her. I am on my break so I guess it will be a great opportunity to get to know her better.

We finished our meeting, talked about some arrangements for the songs that I have in mind. I have many and I need another person's opinion about it and I know Q would be a great help. He didn't become my producer for three albums for nothing.