CHAPTER 24- Gift

AMELIA

"Glad you could make it," Michael greeted both of us as he held the door open for us to pass through. Jaz is visibly stunned by the person who spoke to her as she stayed silent in complete shock.

"Thank you for inviting us," I said to him.

"The pleasure is all mine," he replied as he motioned us inside. The first thing that I noticed when I laid my eyes on him is he's already wearing the blazer I returned earlier. I got confused but I didn't ask further. I don't want to be known as invasive.

His house is beyond marvelous. The Tudor-style home looks and feels expensive, especially when a known family lives in it. The furniture and the interior tie together, giving off a regal feel, fit for a king like him. The wood accent makes the room nostalgic and comforting. I took a 360 turn around the living room as I take in the beauty of his home. When I stopped, Michael is standing near the sofa with his arms crossed, giving me an amused expression.

"Don't tire yourself, Mia. You'll get dizzy. I'll give you a tour later" he chirped in as Jaz and I looked at him.

"Oh, this is Jazmine Diaz" I introduced her to Michael and he politely reached in for a handshake. "Jazmine, this is Mr. Jackson," she nodded excitedly. "-but of course you already know that," I whispered to her and she snickered at me.

"Nice to finally meet you, Ms. Diaz," Michael replied.

"I'm thrilled to finally meet you in person, Mr. Jackson" she spoke enthusiastically. I was expecting him to correct her and just call him by his first name but to my surprise, he didn't.

"Shall we proceed to the intended agenda this afternoon?" he playfully said and we just laughed at him.

"Wait! You're not going to introduce your gorgeous little sister?" A voice spoke as she descends gracefully down the stairs. Their similarities are uncanny, almost like they're twins. But I guess that is just the Jackson blood working.

"Drama queen" Michael whispered to us and mocked her sister. Jaz is doing everything she can from bursting into glee as she watches her sister making her way to us.

"Hi everybody! I'm Janet, Michael's sister," she spoke and stuck out her hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Janet" I accepted her invitation to shake hands.

"Myself as well, Ms. Jackson," Jaz joined in.

"No don't call me that it sounds old, Janet will do" she shivers in disgusts and we just giggled. Janet looked at me and then at her brother, trying to find answers as to why there are two strangers standing freely in their private home.

He cleared his throat and spoke. "Oh, Mia here is my architect, for the new land I bought. Remember that? The one I told you about?" he explained to her sister.

"Oh yes! That property with the gorgeous view? I love that land" she replied.

"Oh Mia, can I ask you something?" Janet faced me.

"Of course, anything," I answered.

"Do you know any interior designers? I have this apartment in downtown L.A that just got finished renovating recently. I really didn't have the chance to ask the contractor to find me one,"

"Well, will you look at that? The timing is really perfect. My friend right here is the head of our Interior Design department," I looked at Jaz and she's ecstatic as ever.

"That's wonderful!" Janet exclaimed.

"Well, you two get to talking and we'll go on with the touring," Michael butted in, looking over to Jaz and Janet.