CHAPTER 7- Confirmation

AMELIA

After the meeting with Michael and his lawyer, I spent the duration of the day with unattended work and I helped Ashley and Mark with their revisions since Jazmine cannot come in for work for another week. It's very nice for Ace to extend her leave since it's understandable and urgent.

I didn't think about my recent project until I went home for the day. I still have to fix the building permits and other necessary documents before I start planning and building. Other than that, I need to visit the property first and measure everything and ask Michael where to put which building in which place. I am still shocked about the size of his property and I have no single idea how to start planning without losing my mind. The planning can go roughly for a month or two with that kind of lot size.

I put down my things on my couch and plopped beside them. I let out an exhausted sigh and closed my eyes to rest it for a while. Then my mind went to two hands shaking together, feeling a bolt of energy flowing through my body when we touched. I can't explain why, but it is weird to feel like that on a first encounter. Not to mention that his name is a staple in today's world, it just adds something that I can't exactly pinpoint.

I'm not gonna go around pretending he's not gorgeous in person. His smile can cure all sickness in this world and he may not even be aware. Just thinking that thought brought a slight pang in my chest. I slightly massage it and temporarily shun the image of him in my head. If I don't, I might put myself in deeper danger than I already am.

I washed myself to freshen up before eating dinner, and by dinner, I mean a bag of Mickey D's that I got before going home. With my hectic schedule, I really don't have any time to fix myself a proper meal again. I took out the contents of the bag and ate them while watching some television. I'm kind of happy with being alone at this moment, just enjoying good fast food and a good show. For the first time in a long time, I feel content, although I know that there's still something missing.

I cleaned up and decided to go to bed early. Since my full workload starts tomorrow, I just want to relax for the night. I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. After doing that, I went through my closet to pick the clothes I'll wear tomorrow to lessen the things I need to decide on. As I was going through the contents of my closet, I noticed a shiny object reflecting the ceiling light. It caught my attention and I took out the object in front of it one by one. I fished it out of the back of the closet and it's a vinyl record of Bach. There is also a box under that record and I remembered the items inside. As I open them, memories flooded back to that time I was crazy about music.

I love architecture, but my heart is still in music. However, I didn't have the courage to pursue that because of my ambition to become a better person than my father. Our sour past tainted our relationship as a whole. I don't even know if what we had was even remotely a relationship. 

I scanned and picked up some things that are resting inside the box and came across a compilation of unfinished music sheets. I always start them with enthusiasm and lose my interest in the middle of writing. I never once finished my own song or composition even after I shifted to architecture.

I put them all back inside and closed it, also reminding myself to close that chapter of my life too. My life is all laid out in plans now and knowing what to do next comforts me. That's what I intend it to be.

---

The rest of the week was more hectic than I thought it would be. Without Jaz by my side, it's hard to manage her load of work and mine, considering that I have two big accounts on my plate. Good thing is that the Jones' project is starting already, with the construction and everything. I also already fixed the documents for Michael's project, but there is only one thing that is left to be done, the ocular inspection of his property.

I called his lawyer to let him know that I am free to do the inspection of the property anytime. I know that he's a busy man and getting a confirmation from him might be difficult so I don't want to rush him and interfere with his schedule if ever he has any. Ace also told me to take my time in doing this project because I cannot mess this one up. And also with the size of his land, it will take a lot longer than most projects.

I'm finalizing some of the documents for Michael's property when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said

"Ms. Johnson, good evening. I'm sorry to bother you on a Sunday" Mr. Anderson apologetically said.

"No Mr. Anderson it's fine, I was finalizing some documents for his property anyway," I explained.

"Oh, that's good. Is everything going smoothly?" he asked.

"Yes Mr. Anderson, everything is falling into place. All I need to do is the ocular inspection of the land. It gives me insights on what I should be doing on that land so it's necessary. I hope it won't be a bother getting a go signal from Mr. Jackson" I replied.

"Speaking of which Ms. Johnson, Michael told me to tell you that he's fine doing the inspection on Monday next week. His schedule is tight for the rest of the week and he's only free on Monday.  Is it okay for you to leave the office by then?"

"He's coming along to the inspection?" My heart pounded. He's coming too?

"Yes, Ms. Johnson. He also wants to see the property. He hasn't been there ever since he bought it. He's only seen pictures plus the one time he filmed a short film there" Mr. Anderson said.

"Oh, okay I thought it was only me and the caretaker of the land"  I nervously said.

"Michael wants to tag along. He's ecstatic about this land he never stopped talking about it" He laughed as he said his reply.

"Well, what time would Mr. Jackson prefer to visit?" I asked.

"He told me if it's possible to go in the afternoon. It's cooler to walk around that time and more comfortable to inspect too" He explained.

"Okay, Mr. Anderson no problem. I'll inform Mr. Cohen right away"

"I also gave Michael your number so he can directly inform you of some changes. I'm just here for the legal aspects of the contract, he's really the one you should be in close contact with" What? My chest suddenly starts to rapidly hammer against my chest. Oh boy, this is not going to end well.

"Okay then, Mr. Anderson thank you for informing me"

"Thank you as well, Ms. Johnson. Expect Michael's call sometime this week for his confirmation. Have a great evening."

"You too, Mr. Anderson" And then I hang up the phone.

Expect a call?

From Michael?

Goodness, someone give me a bag to breathe.

---

a/n: Short update but I need to cut it! Enjoy this chapter! <3