CHAPTER 21- Stay

AMELIA

A loud banging on the door made my heart race like crazy. It's already midnight and I wasn't expecting anyone, especially since Michael is here. I hope he didn't mind the banging on my door so I decided to see who it was. He shouted my name at full volume that made me want to rip the door open. The very last person I wanted to see was standing in front of my doorway, reeking in alcohol.

"Drake? What are you doing here?" I stared at him in shock. My heart began to race even more and felt like my breathing is getting shorter.

"Mia- I-I'm sor-ry. I'm no-t gonna do- it again" he said as he stumbled and propped his side on the doorway.

"What? What are you doing here, Drake? We're already through," I firmly said to his face even if my heart is hammering against my chest.

"Mia, plea-se just give me- another- cha-ance," he said as he tried to grab my arm but I quickly backed up.

"Drake, go home. There's nothing to talk about or to give. Please, just leave me alone," I sternly replied.

"No Mia, please ju-st give me one mo-re chance," he said as he tried to attempt grabbing my arm again.

Then I heard someone call my name in the back.

"Mia? What is it?" Michael said as he peeked outside the kitchen doorway. I made my way quickly to him to tell him to hide in here for a minute.

"It's nothing, Michael. Just stay back here and don't leave this kitchen," I said and Drake shouted my name again. I grew in panic and he immediately saw.

"It's nothing to me Mia, who is that? And why is he drunk?" He slightly raised his voice.

"He's someone in my past, don't worry about him," I reassured.

"No Mia, he's drunk and aggressive. I can't let you be near him," he spoke frustratingly.

"I can handle this Michael, just stay here," I said once again and stared at him in the eye, letting him know that I will be okay. I made my way back to where Drake was and his eyes are a lot darker than before, almost like it's filled with rage.

"Who is that Mia? Huh? Is the-re some-one else- al-ready?" he said in a deeper tone.

"It's no one, Drake. Go home," He's not really a no one to me.

"Who is it, Mia?" he got a hold on my arm when I tried to shy away but he caught it fast. He tightens his grip around it and yanks it that made me wince in pain.

"Drake, stop it you're hurting me!" I shouted.

"No one is allowed to love you. And no one is going to love you as I do. Understood?" he demanded. I have had enough of his crap.

"No, Drake. I don't understand! Because we're already over, and you can't control me because you don't own me. Now, let me go!"

"No, Mia you're mine. Please just give me another chance," he angrily pleaded.

"What part of 'we're already over and let me go' do you not understand?" I shouted furiously.

"Plea-se Mia, I won't do-"

"She said to let her go," I was shocked as I felt Michael's presence beside me, holding Drake's arm. "Or do you want me to make you?"

"Michael, I told you to stay back there," I whispered.

"Stop it, Mia. He's already hurting you and I can't just sit back and watch," he spoke and bore his eyes into mine.

"Ex-cuse me, who th-e hell are you motherfu-"