CHAPTER 43- Revelation

AMELIA

"Make sure that you should get in touch with the client first before making any decisions even though you already gave her the revised plans," I told Jaz and her team as I scan with my eyes the copy of the plans they gave me.

"Would she even listen? I mean she already scrapped half of the idea that I have, and the project is already halfway done," Jaz sighed and whined, clearly pissed off.

"Just try and talk to her calmly, Jaz. That's our protocol. We cannot go against the client's wishes unless we try and explain to them the things that could happen,"

"But-"

"If she still insists on her ideas, I'll be the one to talk some senses out of her. Her idea is not safe for the people who'll live in that apartment," I scoffed and grabbed the files sitting in front of me.

"Thank you!" she dramatically said and raised both of her hands in frustration.

"Ashley and Mark, you can go do your other agendas for today. You're dismissed," I told them and they just nodded once, not uttering a word as a caution to Jaz's cranky and unpredictable attitude.

"Jaz, calm down. We'll get through this, just a little sweet talk and make her understand the caution we're giving at her,"

"I just hope she doesn't fall off the stairs when she opens her door," she muttered under her breath.

I laughed at her pettiness and placed the documents back at the table. "So, what's going on with you?" I asked her as I stood up and motioned her to follow me.

"Well, besides this, I'm doing great. Janet's interior in her apartment is pretty much done, we're just waiting for some furniture to arrive so we can set it up as planned," she said as she tries to add a little enthusiasm.

"Really? That's great! I'm glad that project worked out well," I congratulated her as we exited the meeting room and head to the break room to grab some coffee.

"I know!" she opened the door to the break room and went straight to the coffee machine. "She's kind enough to ask me if I would like to plan a set design for a future television show on NBC," she grabbed the coffee grounds and carefully poured some over the coffee filter.

"Well, what did you say?" I asked as I took a seat at the wooden chair across the counter.

"I told her I'm still not sure. I don't think I can handle too many projects at once," she sighed and eyed the coffee maker. The drip of the coffee is like a pin dropping, filling in the silence I gained from Jaz as the earthy smell spread across the room instantly.

"You should think about Jaz. It's a great opportunity to branch out," I stood up, walked beside her, and opened the cabinets to take out coffee mugs. As she was pouring out the earthy liquid, she briefly stops and suddenly looked at me.

"Why don't you take Janet's offer?" she raised a brow at me and smiled.

"Jaz, please. I have enough work on my plate, and we're still not halfway done with Michael's ranch," I shook my head and grabbed the jar of sugar, and scooped a teaspoon. "And besides, you're the one who was offered the job, not me,"

"Well, if you want, we both can take it. I'll just talk to Janet about it," she offered.

"Jaz I can't accept another project-"

"But we'll share the burden if you accept the offer," she cooed.

I heavily sighed and jokingly rolled my eyes at her, "Fine, I'll think about it," I groaned as she excitedly claps about my response.