CHAPTER 11- Lonely

MICHAEL

"Okay, guys that's a wrap!" I said through the microphone and face my band and dancers. "Thank you for coming to this rehearsal and cooperating with the last minute changes on the setlist. I know you are all going to do great tomorrow" I continued and everyone replied with their thanks and wiped their sweats as they exit the stage.

I approached Ricky, the band's drummer, and offered some cool beats and patterns that he can apply to the song Another Part of Me. We collaborated for a few minutes until Karen, my stylist, approached me.

"Excuse for a second," She said to Ricky and he just nodded and leave us be. "Brooke is on the phone, she wants to talk to you" she turned and said to me with a bland face. I do not know what's her issue with Brooke but she wasn't warming up to her ever since.

I followed her back to the dressing room where the phone resides as I excitedly picked it up. I saw Karen rolled her eyes, even though she intended on not letting me see it but I did anyway. I've missed Brooke. We haven't seen each other for so long.

"Brooke! Hi! How are you?" I chimed before she can say anything.

"Hi, Michael! I'm great actually. We just got back from Spain." She replied.

"That's great! How was your trip? Did you enjoy it?" I eagerly asked.

"It was awesome! I had a lot of fun! I wanna tell you the details when you get back here and I would like you to me-" I truly missed her voice I barely heard the last part she said.

"That'll have to wait 'till I get back" I laughed, still enchanted by her voice.

"Are you doing something right now?" She asked.

"Yeah, we just finished rehearsals for some minor changes," I replied.

"Oh, I'm sorry for bothering you," She said. You're never a bother Brooke, my head thought.

"Well, I'll just talk to you some time if you're free okay? Good luck with your show! I know you'll do great!"

"Thanks, Brooke, that means a lot. You take care of yourself too. See you when I get back" I replied and said our goodbyes then I hung up the phone. I happily put back the telephone and turned around to see a frustrated Karen Faye, sitting on my wooden artist chair. I gave her a perplexed look and she just scrunched her eyebrows while staring back at me.

"What is that look?" I nervously giggled.

"Oh please, Michael" and she rolled her eyes.

"Please what? What did I do?"

"You're practically swooning over her," she said as if it's a bad thing.

"So?" I questioned. "She's my friend Turkle, there's nothing wrong with that,"

"Yes there's nothing wrong with that, but may I remind you that that's the friend you asked to marry, and turned you down." She said frustratingly.

"That was a joke, Karen. You know we always joke about things like that" I replied. Is it really?

"A joke to her but not to you" and it hit me right in my face. I stayed silent for a second before she stood up and walked to me with concerning eyes.

"Michael, your hopes for Brooke are just leading you into somewhere that you don't want to go. I can't go through another day seeing you like this. You have a spark in your eyes, but please just let it be something else, someone else at least" She said to me as she places both her hands on my shoulder. I looked at her and I can tell that she's just concerned for me. I can't shake off the fact that Brooke might be the one, even though she clearly telling me no with her actions.