CHAPTER 46- Danger

MICHAEL

I tried to keep quiet, to keep it discreet. I manage to do that to assist Mia with her needs. I didn't pay much attention to the hatred I was feeling towards the person who I thought I knew and was my friend out of respect. I was never the type of person to lash out or show hostility. However, seeing her in front of me, stepping afoot on Hayvenhurst, was the final call.

The cold December breeze didn't become a bother since my body was heated with rage and annoyance. The dark skies matched the darkness in my eyes as it cascades down every feature of her face, down to the bouquet of lilies she's holding, as my head replayed her accomplice's revelations at the back of my head.

"You must really have a thick skull to show yourself here again," I said as a result of the wrath I'm trying hard to suppress. She was clearly taken aback by my response but I didn't let it faze me.

"What-Michael what are you saying?" she said in shock and takes one step backward with her jaw hanging.

I turn back around and peak, as Janet is still busy watching the television. I stepped out and closed the door quickly, pulling her to the side.

"What are you doing here?" I sternly asked her.

"What are you being mad for?" she exclaimed as she got away from my grasp and dusted herself. "I'm here to formally relay my condolences to Amelia," she shoved the bouquet that she's holding in front of my face.

"And how did you know about the passing of Mia's mother?" I crossed my arms over and raised a brow, waiting for her to tell another lie.

"Janet actually told me when I was getting a hold of you but you're busy,"

"Oh please, Brooke. Stop with the lies,"

"What are you saying, Michael? I don't understand!"

"Oh, like Janet also told you about that fight between Mia and her ex-boyfriend," I taunted her and she closed her mouth immediately. She became stiff as she blinked fast, her eyes roaming and looking around everywhere but me. She clenched the bouquet that she's holding against her stomach as if she's trying to shield herself from the lies she could further say.

"Yes sh-she told me that,"

"Cut it, Brooke. Janet has no business telling you of such matters that you're not involved in," I quietly scolded her. "Or, perhaps you do know something, much more than what we know," I took one step in front of her as her fear rises together with her breathing.

"What I know? Come on, Michael, what are you trying to say? That I know Mia's boyfriend?" she scoffed with much confidence but I quickly caught on her confession that she didn't intend to make.

"I haven't said anything yet," I said. "Is that what you know?" I took one step in front of her again, trying to scare her and squeeze any amount of truth left in her. The look of terror clearly painted her face, and her rosy cheeks drained pale, as she tries to think of another excuse. She opened her mouth but nothing came out.

"So it's true? That you know her boyfriend?" she didn't reply. She's clearly shaken in fear.

"Tell me, did you two have a fun time in Spain? While you plan on hurting Mia?" her eyes grew larger as beads of sweat trickled down her temples.

"How did you-"

"I know, Brooke! I know everything!" I raised my voice and grazed my lips with my index finger. "Drake confessed everything, that you confided with him that led him to do what he did to Mia,"

"But Michael-"

"What, Brooke? Give me an explanation for all of this madness," I raised both of my arms in frustration.