CHAPTER 14- Spark

MICHAEL

We landed at the airport to pick up Mia. She didn't know that I would be joining her on this plane ride. I want to surprise but I really want to see the sketches that she made because I feel like I won't have the time to look over them after we land. The pilot strategically parked the plane so when she boards, we leave immediately. Taking a detour isn't exactly friendly for my schedule and my manager will surely go crazy if I don't make it in time.

The doors open and some employees went down to usher her in. I peeked through the window, just enough to see her and my bodyguard walking towards the plane. I was about to surprise her because she had no idea that I'm gonna be here also. However, that idea was trashed when the phone in my small bedroom rang. I went inside and closed the door before I could even greet her.

"Michael, please tell me you're not going to be late" Frank, my manager, pleaded through the phone.

"We just took a little detour back here in California, Frank. I'll be there in time don't worry" I explained properly. If I don't, I'll never hear the end of it.

"How could I not worry kid? You have an interview in a few hours and your moonwalking feet is still not here!" He whisper-yelled. I snorted because he has the tendency to blow things out of proportion.

"I swear Frank, this will be quick. We're just picking up someone here and then we'll get going immediately". Suddenly, the flight attendant's voice echoed through the speakers, saying reminders and precautions and other mandatory rules needed to be followed. I sat on the chair in my room and fastened my seatbelt while still on the phone with Frank.

"Who? And why do you need to pick this person up? Can't you send a separate plane?" He questioned in a spiteful manner. I know he can be strict but sometimes it's too much. He can make business decisions for me when I'm not around, but he cannot make decisions in my personal life.

"She's the architect of my future home. And she's presenting her plans to me in order for the construction of my home to continue as scheduled" I replied sarcastically to his spiteful response. I didn't hear another word from him and just heard heavy breathing through the phone.

"Just get here on time please," He asked.

"I will Frank. I have to go, the plane is flying already. Bye," I said and hung up the phone. Minutes later, we are up in the air once again. I unfastened my seatbelt when it's safe to do so. There was a faint knock on the door. When I opened it, Steven was patiently waiting outside.

"Mr. Jackson, she's here. But she's asleep. I couldn't possibly wake her" he explained.

"Don't wake her. Let her have her much deserved rest. I'm sure she had a long week at work" I replied to him and gestured me to where she's sitting. Her beautiful aura filled the room as she sleeps soundly against the sofa. Her head is relaxed, though I think it's quite uncomfortable sleeping in that position. I asked Steven to get a pillow and a blanket in my bedroom. If she's going to sleep throughout the flight, then she has to be comfortable somehow.

Steven arrived with the things I asked him and put the pillow on her side. I carefully lifted her head and lead it down to the soft material as she plopped and snuggled herself in. A faint chuckle escaped from my lips, seeing how adorable and calm she looks when she sleeps, not bossy and stressed when awake. Steven handed me the blanket and he scurried away to the back portion of the plane. I draped it over her, making sure it covered her so she won't get cold.

I was fixing the blanket over her when she stirred and grabbed my left hand. The strange spark flowed through my fingertips yet again. I stared at my hand that she's holding and I can't decipher the feeling this brings to me. I looked at her serene face in shock and then saw comfort. I carefully detached my hand and place it on her side. I sat on the floor for a moment, pondering about the energy I felt and the feelings she's giving me. It's strange, unfamiliar, and scary. I have been eyeing one woman for a decade, who is miles away from me and that I miss dearly. But staring at Amelia made me think twice.