CHAPTER 10- Note

AMELIA

I stirred against the soft duvet covering half of my body. I opened my eyes a bit to see the sun already rising. I turned to my left as I saw Michael's blazer beside me and got a whiff of his intoxicating scent. I smiled to myself absentmindedly and rose from where I was laying. I look around my huge hotel room and nothing seemed to change, other than my shoes just carelessly resting on the floor. I let my feet hang from the side of the bed and notices a note sitting on the nightstand with my car keys beside it. I carefully took the note and read it.

I couldn't wake you because you're sleeping so soundly. I'm already leaving for the tour and I apologize for leaving on such short notice. Here's the key to your car, order some food before you leave, it's all taken care of.

Talk to you soon, Ms. Johnson. Take care of yourself, please? I still need that blazer back.

A small smile crept on my face as I read through the note. I kind of feel guilty to receive such gestures like this from him because what happened to me last night is not that big a deal. Not to him at least.

Then I slowly remembered the attack I had. It was blurry but I can piece together the fragments of meltdown that transpired. Maybe this is the time to set an appointment with my doctor because this is getting out of hand. At first, I can still control these attacks as it only happens in minor situations. However, that attack from last night was definitely not a good sign.

I got a sight of a telephone in the nook area near the bed. I dialed a number that I haven't called for a while now. After a few rings, a person answered my call.

"Goodmorning, this is Dr. Garner's clinic," His assistant said.

"Hi Emily, this is Amelia," I replied.

"Amelia! It's been a long time. How are you?" She asked.

"Not so good. I was just wondering if I can set an appointment with Dr. Garner?"

"No problem. Hold on for one second," Then I heard her flip through some papers and typing away on her computer.

"Amelia, your schedule for Dr. Garner is on Saturday at 2 pm. Is it okay?"

"That's perfect. Thank you so much, Emily," I replied.

"I'll see you soon Amelia, I hope you're doing okay," She said.

"I hope so too" And then I hung up the phone. I took a scan around my room once again and curiously visited other parts of it that I haven't been to. The bathroom is equally as beautiful as the bedroom, with a nice his and hers sink and a bathtub graced with marble and gold detailing. I really want to take advantage of this facility but sadly, I don't have spare clothes with me. A pair of a toothbrush is resting near the sink and took that opportunity to brush out my morning breath.

I checked out the rest of the room that is filled with beautiful yet expensive knick-knacks and some fresh flowers sitting on the tables of the dining room and on the entryway.  I started to feel a grumbling sensation on my stomach and realized that I haven't eaten anything since last night other than chugging a bottle of water. I don't want to be an inconvenience to Michael on the bill for my meal since he already paid for this room so I decided not to order room service.

I pick up my shoes near the bed and put them back on. I grab my car keys and the note he left and shove them in my pocket. His red blazer is still laying on the bed and I started folding it neatly and hang it on my forearm. I took one last glance around and mentally took a picture as I exited my temporary abode. I made my way downstairs to the front desk to check out and surrender the room key. As I was about the leave, the female staff from the front desk called out to me.