FINAL CHAPTER- Again

MARCH 1993

MICHAEL

When those answers left my mouth, I was like sailing in a vast area of sea, gliding in melancholy as the interview went on for hours on end. I never got to grasp the severity of the mistake that I did, and it has never left my mind since then.

And it seems like I'm back where I was when left her five years ago; broken and lost.

"Isn't it supposed to be the head leaning to the right and not left?" I questioned my choreographer LaVelle and the rest of the backup dancers.

"No Michael, it's supposed to be to the left, and then your right arm should be on top and the left arm should be down. They all should snap at the same time," he explained to me while he demonstrates the move. Meanwhile, I still had a hard time catching up even if I had already done this on the short film. I keep messing up that move.

"So like this?" I slowly tried to copy his move and eventually earned a successful smile.

"Yeah like that! It's really not that hard," he joked while I gave him a death stare. He chuckled silently and signaled the other dancers.

"Alright, let's take five first, and then we'll practice the dance break afterward," I announced to all of them as they head into their separate places while I went to the corner where my costume designer is.

As my ship continues to float, for some reason, Lia's sweet smile is all I can see. The way she grabbed my hand and her eyes twinkled left me dazed and didn't notice that I was already standing in front of Bush.

"Michael," he snapped a finger in front of me, making me flinch a little.

"Sorry," I whispered and my eyes drifted to the costumes on the table and those hanging on the rack.

"Are those ready?" I pointed at the garments.

"Oh yes, they're ready. I'm just fixing some beads on your sash, making sure that they're not gonna fly off tomorrow," he uttered and laughed under his breath.

I ended up staring at the bead-works of my costume; the sparkling bejeweled sash and that chest piece just glisten in beauty as it compliments my gold satin long sleeves. It reminded me just like how Mia's irises shine.

"You're nervous for tomorrow huh?" he spoke but his eyes never left the sash he's working.

"Kinda," I nervously chuckled as I folded my arms to contain any signs of anxiousness.

"You'll do great just like you always do," he spoke. "It's not like you've twisted your ankle or something," he joked to lighten up the mood.

"I know, it's just that this is going to be the very first live performance of this song and I don't want to mess this up," I explained as he handed me the pants and the satin top for fitting.

"You're stressing out for nothing, Mike. You always deliver," he spoke as he stitches the final bead on the sash.

"Maybe, maybe not," I huff and went behind the black, fabric divider to change. "I just don't know why I'm feeling so antsy all of a sudden,"

"The nerves are normal. I also get the same nerves when I have to approve something to you," he said with a serious face when I peaked, and then a smile slowly crept in.

"You silly! You know I just want everything to be perfect," I said as I put on the long sleeve.

"Since we're talking about perfect, the set design for tomorrow is already ready. We found a company that can work within a month even though it's kinda rush,"