CHAPTER 13- Plane Ride

AMELIA

"Heights? I'm not afraid of heights, why'd you ask?" His question is out of the blue. Why would he ask me that?

"There's no need to give me a copy of the sketch. You're going to give me the sketch..." He paused a little, "...personally"

Is he out of his mind?

"Are you being serious, Michael?" I questioned him.

"I am being serious Mia" he chuckled. "I'll have my plane ready for you whenever you're ready to fly," I feel my chest tighten again and held my palm over it to massage it. Be professional, Mia.

"But Michael..."

"No buts. I really do want to see the sketches" He replied. I just sighed because I know he'll not let this go. Besides, he's my client. I need to comply with whatever he wants for the sake of his home. Just think of this as a business trip. Yeah, that's it, just a business trip.

"Okay, but do you mind giving me a week to fix them. I might start drawing the plans so I can present them to you as well" I nervously said. I guess I'll be pulling an all-nighter all week again.

"I'll give you the time you need," He said. I forgot to answer as I think of a hundred and one ways for these plans to be made in a span of one week. Considering that he's a man of many demands, this plan might be a lot more complex than I thought.

"Mia? You still there?" I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard his voice sweetly calling out my name.

"Yeah, Michael, I'm still here. Sorry, I just zoned out a bit" I replied.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I don't think I'll ever succeed avoiding this man.

"I'm fine, Michael. I probably need to rest before I start working." I said.

"What time is it there? I heard Germany is nine hours ahead of California" I did the simple math inside my head. My eyes widen as I realize what time it was wherever he is.

"It's one in the morning there?" I worriedly said.

"Uhh-yeah it is." His voice got shy immediately.

"Oh goodness, I'm sorry for keeping you up this late. You should rest now" I hurriedly replied.

"But I still wanna talk," He shyly muttered. Suddenly, my breath shortens, causing me to gasp for air. I put the phone away from my face so he can't hear that I'm struggling. After a few seconds, I return the phone and spoke to him.

"Uhm-Michael?" He just hummed as a response. "I would really like to stay and have a chat with you but my conscience will rack my brains if I don't let you rest" I nervously said, hoping he won't take it the wrong way. I just heard a faint laugh from him.

"Oh, Mia" My heart raced once again. It really hits different hearing my name falling from his lips. "I'll let this one go since I'm going to see you next week anyway. We can catch up then," He said.

"Okay, I'll let you know if the plans are done."

"I'll be expecting you here after a week? Are we clear?" I have never heard Michael be this demanding before. It's unusual yet refreshing to hear at the same time. What is wrong with me?