CHAPTER 27- Confession

AMELIA

"Mr. Jackson's house construction will start this Wednesday which I will be supervising. All materials and equipment that will be used will be checked tomorrow. If there is anything that needs to be added in case of shortage of materials, I'll make sure to do a report on it and include it in the material costing and inventory," I reported to Mr. Cohen alongside my other colleagues.

Jaz is already done with her report and I'm just finishing mine so I can immediately go back to work. Good thing that Ace was late since he had a business call that kept him awake last night, causing the monthly report to be moved in the afternoon which gave us ample time to prepare and finish on time.

"And the Jones'?" Ace raised his eyes which were glued on the paper on the desk.

"What about the Jones'?" I tried to clear.

"How's the progress on the construction. You just wrote here the conditions of the site but not the progress," I mentally cursed myself for leaving the most important part of the report.

"My apologies, sir. The construction progress on the Jones' residential property is already at eighty-five percent. The expected time of turnover will be in three weeks. Workers are working around the clock to finish on time and we are still on schedule. I'll leave the written report on your desk after this meeting," I elaborated.

I let out a sigh of relief when he didn't say anything and dismissed us all. My colleagues gathered their things and exited the meeting room. I was doing the same thing when Ace called my attention and asked for my presence in his office.

Jaz and I drifted ways when we exited the door and I followed Ace to his office. Once we're there, we sat in our respective chairs as I wait for him to talk.

"I'm glad that the Jones' home is nearly done," He said as he went behind his desk, in front of his chair.

"I am too. If this project becomes successful, I'm sure it will be one for the books," I happily replied.

"Thanks to you, Amelia," He continued. "However," he said and looked like he's in deep thought.

"What is it, Ace?"

"There's going to be a slight problem," my face scrunched into a confusing one as I wait for him to elaborate.

He deeply sighed, "The Jones' wants the turnover to be on their wedding anniversary,"

"That's great! What's the problem there?" I confusingly asked.

"The problem is, their wedding anniversary is exactly two weeks from now," I felt the blood rush over my head.

"What?" I exclaimed, slightly raising my voice.

"I know it's not enough time for you to do it in rush but Peggy said that we can hire more workers to get it done and they're willing to pay if needed to," Ace explained.

"It's not enough time Ace and you know it. We're just at eighty-five percent of the construction. Landscaping is not yet included," I grunted.

"I'm sure we can work this out, right?"

I thought about it, plotting the strictest timeline in my head in order for this to get done on time. It's still possible, but I don't want to rush work. Quality means everything and tells everything about your work ethic. I just hope it works out.