CHAPTER 31- Misunderstanding

AMELIA

I finish drying my hair and did minimal make-up to look at least presentable to hide the dark circles under my eyes. Peggy is coming to the office today to have the final plans checked out for the layout of their garden and ask her if there's something that she'd like to change.

I quickly put on a pair of brown trousers with a nice white button-up sleeve tucked in. I grab my trusty white pumps to tie the whole look together. Within seconds, I was out the door, rushing through the traffic on my way to the office.

I arrived at the parking lot, running a bit late, and jumped out of my car. As I was getting my things from the backseat, I felt like someone is staring at me so I swiftly turned but I found no one.

I continue to fix some plans, tucked it under my arm, and grab my bag. I made sure to lock the car securely before walking towards the building. The feeling of being followed and watched occurred again but I turned and saw nothing.

Maybe it's just me. I haven't drank my medicine this morning since I didn't eat anything.

I ignore the strange feeling and head up to the office instead. Surprisingly, Peggy was already there patiently waiting in the meeting room. But before I go there, I took a turn and head to Ace's office.

"Morning, boss," I greeted him as I enter his office.

"Amelia, good to see you again," he replied and stood from where was sitting. As he was walking over to me, he had this sympathetic look that I cannot understand.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

"Are you okay, Mia?" he asked me. I got weirded out since he barely asks questions to his colleagues like this.

"I'm more than okay, Ace," I laughed and he forcefully giggled.

"I just thought that-"

"Save that for later Ace. Peggy is already here and we can't keep her waiting. We have a strict schedule to follow so every minute wasted is a liability," I explained and headed out of his office and saw his trail behind me.

I knocked softly on the door, careful not to startle Peggy. When I entered, she greeted me with a warm hug that is weirdly comforting. We broke out from the hug and she looked at me with the same sympathetic look painted on her face.

"Are you fine, honey?" she first asked me.

What is up with people today and why do they keep asking me if I'm fine?

"What's up with you two today? I'm in tip-top shape. Well, maybe slightly sleep deprived but nonetheless," I smiled at them and they both looked at each other suspiciously. Something's not right here.

"Shall we start the meeting?" I ask them both and they proceed in seating with Peggy on my left and Ace across me.

—-

We finished the meeting in just an hour and Peggy said that she has some appointments with the florists so she dashed off. Ace left me alone in the meeting room since he has other agendas as well. I sat in the chair quietly as I skim over some plans when a knock on the door.

"Hey, girl. What are you doing?" she greeted me and entered the room. I noticed that she's holding something but I didn't pry.

"Just checking the final plans for the Jones' garden. I have to go over there to give this and then drive to Michael's property after. The contractor called me and said there's something wrong with the plans I gave last week," I explained to her and sighed in defeat as I realized how swamped I am with work today.